Help!!

boomersooner806
boomersooner806 Posts: 90
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Alright, so, I'm not real sure what kind of funk I'm in, but I'm not real happy about it nor am I proud of it. I've eaten more junk in the past 3-4 days and have gained about 5 pounds back... :grumble:
I've gotten to the point where I just eat it and convince myself that it's okay and then that leads to another piece of junk on to another, etc. How do I get out of this funk? Help me!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    I feel your pain! The weight is probably water weight. You took the first step by admitting it on MFP. Try to maybe drink a sip a water, or soemthing everytime you get the urge today to eat the junk. The extra water you drink may help you get the water weight off.

Don't forget....you are human and we all go through stuff like this! Just hang in there!:flowerforyou:

I actually give myself one cheat day aweek so I look forward to that day and I don't feel so deprived and go overboard everyday.:drinker:
  • nicholedunn
    nicholedunn Posts: 22 Member
    I know this sounds simple but when Im craving something, even if its sweet, I chew gum. I still get that instant gratification and not the added calories. They always say this on the Biggest Loser and it really works for me!
    Hope this helps! :smile:
  • One of the things that works for me especially with this time of the year ... I plan for and log my treat.. for example I love the chocolate covered cherried wit hthe liquid centers, so i bought a box i hide them in a drawer and I log one for my dessert snack.. If the end of the day numbers are good I allow my self to have it right before bed... just one a day and only one.. that way they last and i have something to look forwad too...
    Just because we are on diets and eating healthier does not mean we have to totally give up all the things we love... Just means we can only enjoy in moderation or we find alternatives... there are always healthy alternatives that even taste good if you look and try things...

Start with logging everything that passes thru your lips and sooner or later you will make changes and adjustments... It helps sometimes to be accountable...

Good Luck
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I also chew, and advocate, gum as a helpful tool. Drinking lots of water before and after meals is a big help, as well.
  • I read that when you are tempted to cheat it helps to look at it in terms of how much its worth it. So when they are having chinese food at the office which i don't love I rate it out of ten on the worth it factor. SInce its about a 3 or 4 I can walk away. But when someone makes flourless chocolate cake for a birthday party that is a 10 and i definetly have a peice. It keeps me considerate of the trade off when I am going to cheat. The cake is worth an extra workout, chinese food not. It also helps to just stop a second and intercept the impulse because a lot of times I got in the habit of mindlessly eating and this way I am actually aware of what I am eating and how it will affect my goals
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    I was in the same boat a few weeks ago... here is a link to my blog post about "getting out of the rut"... Hope it helps a little... At least know that you are not alone...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kandyjo/view/out-of-my-rut-12645
  • Thanks so much to all of you!!! I was in need of all of your advice and encouragement! I'm just in a big rut right now and I'm hoping to hop out of it tomorrow. It'll be hard with Thanksgiving coming up, but I'm determined to do better and not go crazy around the junk food and completely overdo it. Thanks again, I appreciate you so much!!
This discussion has been closed.