how to get it back??

Options
ok so well when i started my journey in oct 11 i was doing good at first but for a few months i kept bouncing between 160lbs & 167lbs. and i just couldnt get past 160lbs well i of course got discouraged and gave up and now im gained it back and some and am now 172lbs :( . somedays ill do good and eat healthy and work out a little but most days ill admit im lazy and just sit around all day making excuses as to why i havent made progress. im just wondering how to get my motivation back? how can i get it together and make myself workout everyday and motivate myself to not get discouraged and to keep going? i just am in a rut and i just dont know how to get out of it. any help and words of wisdom would be awesome..thanks in advance.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Weight loss not motivation enough?

I honestly have a hard time helping people get motivation. I have several friends whom have had their doctors tell them they will be dead in 10 years if they don't lose weight... and they still have ZERO motivation at all to do so.

You have to really want it. No one can make you want it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The only way to do it is just to do it. No excuses.

For my part, I had some motivational problems this spring, and decided to leverage my love for bike riding into heavy-duty calorie burning. I signed up for a charity fundraiser bike ride that was clearly far beyond my capabilities, and the training for it was more than enough to get my rear in gear (and considerably smaller). After the ride, I took my newfound confidence and restarted my bicycle commute to work (14 miles each way, in hills) and I'm rapidly approaching 1,000 commuter miles on the bicycle this year.

Find something you can't possibly do, then go do it.