WATER water WATER...

Options
Hey so I've been dealing with some health issues, lots of doctors and stuff. I just have a question about water and your guys experience with it... I'm really bad about drinking a lot of water but I feel it could help me, has anyone seen a big difference in the way they feel when they drink a lot of water, or any difference at all really?... especially if you went from not drinking much at all... I hate that I have to go to the bathroom all the time! Thanks you guys :happy:

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• nicholedunn
    nicholedunn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am the worst at drinking water! We took family pics this weekend so this past week I was stirct with my sodium and water. I normally drink about 2 glasses a day, if that. I know its horrible. Well this week I would try to drink at least a glass every hour throughout the day. I noticed a big different in my skin and I retained less water weight. I felt better in my stomach, which is where I think I retain alot of my fluids.
    The only bad side, going to the bathroom lol.
    Good luck! :smile:
    ~Nichole
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I am the worst at drinking water! We took family pics this weekend so this past week I was stirct with my sodium and water. I normally drink about 2 glasses a day, if that. I know its horrible. Well this week I would try to drink at least a glass every hour throughout the day. I noticed a big different in my skin and I retained less water weight. I felt better in my stomach, which is where I think I retain alot of my fluids.
    The only bad side, going to the bathroom lol.
    Good luck! :smile:
    ~Nichole

Yea I hate having to go all the time, but I've heard if you stick with it that your body gets used to it, thanks, this helped, I'm going to try REALLY hard!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    When I started drinking the recommended amount as part of my commitment to MFP, I had to answer the call of nature a lot, too! But then something happened... about a week or two in, I didn't have to go as much. I think your body just gets used to it. I hated getting up in the middle of the night!

I just chugged down my 90th ounce, and will probably get another 15-30 in before bedtime. It really helps with dropping the weight.

I have a mug I got from the hospital, it has 30 individual ounces printed on the side. At the bottom of it is a little bump. I stare at this bump in the cup as I drink. It's a target. I guzzle until it's clear, and the water is gone. 30 oz down, easy peasy!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Here is what I have noticed since I have made a point of getting at least eight 8oz glasses of water per day - I don't count soda or coffee in the count of glasses consumed.

1. I am not reaching for the lotion for my dry skin as often.

2. While I am running to the bathroom more often to pee I seem to be a little more regular in the other body waste department (though I don't know if eating healthier is also helping this)

3. I don't seem to retain water as badly when I eat salty foods or if it is a certain time of the month.

4. I don't have the urge to nibble or feel as hungry as I used to - I have been told that a lot of times when you think you are hungry you are just thirsty.

5. My contacts don't seem as dry against my eyes as they used to. I actually looked this one up because I thought it was just a coincidence but it seems regular water intake does actually help with keeping your eyes lubricated properly.
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I just got done working out with my personal trainer and I guess one of his clients asked him if warm water dehydrates you! LOL :laugh: Hmmm, water causing dehydration, that's a new one.

Anyway, I used to hate water, but I also used to drink a lot of sweet drinks (tea, coke..etc) so water was SO blah. But when I stopped drinking pop everyday I really started enjoying water more. I especially like it when it's ICE cold...it tastes almost sweet to me. I did have to pee like every 1/2 hour when I first started (and still do if I go through a "dry" spell) but your body adapts as it does with everything else. To prevent having to pee all night, just don't drink 2-3 hours before bedtime!

As for benifits, I noticed that when I drink a lot of water my face looks better. The color is more even, my "wrinkles" don't seems as deep, and the dark circles under my eyes (from being a college student with no sleep) fade nearly completely...and my breath stays fresher longer. Did you know that as you age your body loses it's water mass...which is what causes wrinkles and other health issues..so if you increase your water intake earlier in life you can stave off aging! That's another great benifit! :happy:
  • jess1304
    Options
    I know how you feel! I HATE drinking plain water all day! What I do is use drink packets. I swear on them because they're the reason I get 5 bottles of water a day. You can get them in so many different brands and flavors. My favorite kind is raspberry lemonade propel. They're only 20 calories a packet and they taste so good! GOOD LUCK!