Frustrated and need some support...

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
I have always been up and down in my weight. It was lose 40 pounds, gain 50. I KNOW how to do it, but I have always struggled with depression and being an emotional overeater and have allowed that to rule me.

I feel ready to lose the weight. My first goal is to get under 200 lbs, I have only accomplished that once when I was briefly down to 195. I want to start working out, and I enjoy weight lifting and was ready to start getting the body I want.

Cue knee problems. I had a problem with my knee cap dislocating and was not allowed to work out much because of it. My job was pretty active, so I just started watching calories and dropped a couple pounds while waiting for surgery.

I had surgery last week. They had to do less than expected, and I was looking forward to at least starting on my upper body and getting my leg strength back.

But then I started having leg cramps the day after surgery. Went for an emergency doppler scan, and I have MULTIPLE blood clots in my leg. It was only a half hour surgery, but I am on birth control which has a huge risk for clots. I am now on blood thinners and am not allowed to do any activity that gets my heart going until the clots are resolved.

Now Im just irritated. I want so badly to start exercising, but now Im not allowed. I am still counting calories and am continuing to drop a pound or two a week, but its like I can just feel my muscles shriveling away. I am also worried it might be a long time before the clots go away and Im allowed to start working out.

Just need some hugs I guess.

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Stick with eating healthy. Give your body time to heal, which means rest. Once you feel better, you can work back up to where you were. The human body is resilient, even if you lose muscle, you can get it back.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Awww,, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a shoulder injury that hasn't healed yet that is holding me back from really doing a decent strength training program. It is so hard when you are ready to go and then something happens like this. Stay strong, don't lose your motivation, and do what you can. Can you walk? Even a bit, even at a slower pace, is better than nothing. Good luck! Friend me if you like, I've had my share of emotional eating and depression issues.
  • JTick
    Options
    Thanks guys. Its hard because when I went to PT yesterday, she did some measurements and my operated leg has already lost quad muscle, and its only been a week!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    HUG!!!!

just dont stop. just DONT stop.

Ok?

I cant hear you....
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think the best advice to offer here is from Batman's dad. In Batman begins, Batman's dad and then later Alfred says to Batman. Do you know why we fall down? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again. Some simple advice but look what happened? Batman goes out, saves Gotham not once not twice, but THEE times and each time it is after he learns to pick himself up again. So if this advice can work for Batman, it can totally work for you! Consider yourself inspired
  • JTick
    Options
    I guess I should try to look at the good side of this. A side effect of the Coumadin is a loss of appetite. I have forced 1,000 calories down today and really dont see anymore happening today. If I have to be on these meds as long as they are saying, Im gonna be super skinny!