I'm just wondering?

Options
Why is water so important when your dieting. I know it helps you feel full..but does it do anything else?

Replies

• TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It helps you stay hydrated which makes you feel better. It also flushes extra sodium from your body.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    From the mayo clinic's website:

"Water is your body's principal chemical component, making up, on average, 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired. "

Really it all boils down to the fact that water is the main "ingredient" our bodies are composed of. We need water for it to function effectively. If you want to lose weight, you have to get your body running the way it is supposed to - and that includes drinking enough water.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    We are to drink lot's of water even if we are NOT dieting!! We NEED water!!!
  • sbw518
    Options
    Your body holds on to water when it doesn't get enough so that your kidneys function properly, therefore causing you to bloat. The more water you drink, the less your body stores, so the less bloated you are. I know that seems weird, but it is how it works.