Could use some weight loss support!

Options
Hi,

I just turned 50 & have a kidney transplant (take lots of steriods and other medications.) I need to lose 10 pounds of belly fat to fit into my clothes better (and lower my cholesterol numbers.) I do well at breakfast and lunch because I am at work and away from a refrigerator. I must go crazy at home because I am not losing any weight at all. Help! Susan

Replies

• BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

OHhh, now i see why you are on steriods, oh.(from your other thread)
    Luckily you are not very far gone, only 8 pounds to go,
    so that is great that you ARE nipping the weight gain in the bud like this!

You CAN do this!!
    How long have you been logging all your food intake?

I have found,
    that the calorie limit for *me*, that MFP recommends, of 1200 calories, is too much for me to lose weight on. I have also found, on days i eat back my exercise calories,
    i gain a bit on such days.
    and lol, i've had a few days, where i smack lost my entire mind and ate like a pig, which of course, also causes weight gain, wow, big shocker lol!:laugh:

but, that's just me. On days i fly a little under my 1200, i will lose some ounces.:bigsmile:
    but whenever i eat all 1200, nothing happens for me. but, it's still early for me, i am new, still figuring it out, but that seems to be the case for me.

People around here get very upset and will probably criticize me for admitting i have days i do eat less than 1200 to cause weight loss, but, that seems to be what it takes for me.

Does your health allow you to be very active yet? do you have to follow any special renal diet restrictions, as well?