I would love to eat salsa and tortilla chips

Options
2»

Replies

• jeffsater
    Options
    Watch out for the baked ones... Typically those chips that are "low fat" or "low calorie" are also packed with Sugar to make them taste good.

Go with some organic chips like the Blue corn chips from Garden of Eatin or the Food Should Taste Good chips with a hint of Lime. They are delicious.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Food should taste good chips! YUMM :) All I have to say
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If I don't buy multi-grain ones, I will sometimes take a tortilla and let it get crispy in the oven. the calories work out to about the same but I feel like I can have a little more.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    With what do you guys substitute the chips with. I've been thinking about the Special k chips.

When I'm being good, I buy corn tortillas, spray them with a little cooking spray, sprinkle with salt and bake until crisp.

But, mostly, I eat tortilla chips.
  • we3k05
    we3k05 Posts: 6
    Options
    I make homemade salsa and guac all the time and just eat it with celery sticks. I'd rather get my carbs from things other than tortilla chips...
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat blue chips ("real" blue chips, not the Tostados brand where the blue coloring runs when you splash it w/ some lime juice) :grumble:
    I eat one serving size.
    And I make my own amazing guac, still tastes great w/o salt.
    mmm... now I'm craving it
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Don't give up your tortilla chips and salsa! I switched to baked instead of the regular and the only difference I see is that my fingers get less greasy. I mix my salsa with sour cream, and I tried to switch to fat free sour cream to save some calories, but it totally wasn't worth it so I switched back. You don't need to give up the foods you love, just be conscious of the amount and how often you're eating them! I used to eat chips and salsa daily and now it's 2-3 times a week making sure I don't eat more than one serving of chips.

The hardest thing for me is the chips and salsa they give you at Mexican restaurants. That's in the same boat with the bread at restaurants. The empty calories when a meal is coming that are near impossible for me to pass up, so I try to remember to ask the waiter not to bring them when they take the drink order.