Shock therapy?

Options
Has anyone had this? I had my first treatment yesterday on my left hip for chronic bursitis. The treatment itself wasn't painful, but starting last night the pain in my hip is unbelievable. They told me it would trigger inflammation. I guess I just didn't expect it to be this bad. I'm wondering how long the pain will last? I'm also not supposed to take anything for it, since the whole point is to trigger the inflammation process. Has anyone else had this treatment?

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I've had electrotherapy if that is what you mean - had it done on my hip and it does hurt the first couple of times, never during but the after affect. I also had cortisone shots as well. Try to ask if you can do that.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if this is the same thing I had on my knee previously? I don't remember it hurting after the treatment though. I wish you luck.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cortisone won't work because there is no longer inflammation, but rather a chronic injury. I'm hopeful this will work since I've lived with this pain the last 2.5 years. Just surprised how intense the pain is!!