Creative Ways to Tell Him We're Expecting??

Options
13»

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My wife just took the test, and told me she was pregnant.
    I said said cool, let's get you in to see the doctor. In 13
    days we'll have our second boy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    my wife woke me up with the stick. i said, "well...huh."

the creative part was letting my family know. We found out on St. Patrick's day, but waited until Easter to let everyone know. I printed up an "announcement" and put it in a plastic egg. My family still does an Easter Egg hunt, so I dropped it in with the mix of those eggs, so someone in the family would find it. My cousin found it and the look on her face when she read it was priceless. and then a wave of congrats, and all.

And it was sort of symbolic, because... you know... the egg thing.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    This is pretty elaborate, but it's fun. Call your favorite department store that carries baby furniture and explain that you just found out you're pregnant and you need some help breaking the news to your husband. Ask if you can set up a "treasure" hunt inside the store. When you walk in the door to "shop", a store manager will congratulate him on being the "1,000,000th customer" or something, and as such he gets to participate in a very special treasure hunt. If he completes it, he'll get a big prize. Get a sonogram and put it and the positive pregnancy test in a small treasure chest (topped with a pastel blue and pink bow) along with a card that says, "Congratulations, you're a winner....Dad!" Put it in a baby crib in the baby furniture section. This will be the prize at the end of the hunt. Then put cards with clues written on them throughout the store, (marked with helium balloons and ribbons). Each clue will lead him to a new card, which will ultimately lead him to the "treasure".

I LOVE THIS!!!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my wife woke me up with the stick. i said, "well...huh."

the creative part was letting my family know. We found out on St. Patrick's day, but waited until Easter to let everyone know. I printed up an "announcement" and put it in a plastic egg. My family still does an Easter Egg hunt, so I dropped it in with the mix of those eggs, so someone in the family would find it. My cousin found it and the look on her face when she read it was priceless. and then a wave of congrats, and all.

And it was sort of symbolic, because... you know... the egg thing.

I love this!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    pffffffffffff don't tell him, just every day complain about how you can't get your weight under control and MFP is doing nothing to help you, see how long it takes before he figures out the difference between fat and pregnant, if thats not til your water breaks you may want to consider reconsidering the person you have as a mate
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I gave my ex a mug that you can decorate yourself from the craft store that said "I knocked up my wife and all I got was this lousy mug."

It was his favorite mug.

This is my favourite idea so far! I would totally do this...
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who wrote on her belly, "Hi Daddy!" She told her husband that she thought there was a weird lump on her belly, and she wanted him to check it. And then, voila, he saw the little message! Simple, but cute. :)

That is a cute idea
  • Sheymarie417
    Sheymarie417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This guy i worked with a couple years ago told us his wife give him a present of a onesy(however you spell it) and he thought it was an outfit for the dog. she told him no it was for the bby they were gonna have in 7months. its a cute idea if you find out around christmas
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is pretty elaborate, but it's fun. Call your favorite department store that carries baby furniture and explain that you just found out you're pregnant and you need some help breaking the news to your husband. Ask if you can set up a "treasure" hunt inside the store. When you walk in the door to "shop", a store manager will congratulate him on being the "1,000,000th customer" or something, and as such he gets to participate in a very special treasure hunt. If he completes it, he'll get a big prize. Get a sonogram and put it and the positive pregnancy test in a small treasure chest (topped with a pastel blue and pink bow) along with a card that says, "Congratulations, you're a winner....Dad!" Put it in a baby crib in the baby furniture section. This will be the prize at the end of the hunt. Then put cards with clues written on them throughout the store, (marked with helium balloons and ribbons). Each clue will lead him to a new card, which will ultimately lead him to the "treasure".

THIS!!! I love it!!!