Fitbit....yes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as you plan on using it to log steps, not things like strength training. I love mine for tracking my miles & steps, but if you'd like an honest account of other non-walking related exercises, look into a HRM (or both as I ended up - HRM for gym, FitBit everyday!)

^^^ This exactly! I have my fitbit 24/7; HRM just for the workouts. I un-linked the fitbit from MFP once I got the HRM - I decided I only wanted to recognize the calorie burn of actual workouts and not every little step. But I check it all day long and love it when I've gotten a badge or bested my previous records.
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    OMG I cannot live without my Fitbit!!! Of course I don't know what else is out there but it works for me. I love that it syncs with MFP and tracks your calories as you go about your day. I mean, if I'm walking around all day at work I know I need to eat more than 1200 calories even without working out! Also, I got mine from REI where you can return anything at any time even without a receipt. My Fitbit stopped working and I just brought it in and exchanged it. Although, they had it in the back so I'm not sure if they stopped selling it or what... Anyway I'm so much more motivated since I got it and for the first time I've stuck with my workouts plan without going months between workouts.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit!!!! I would also like some Fitbit friends/support. If u have a Fitbit and want a Fitbit friend too send me a request to http://www.fitbit.com/user/235NFS
  • Shoshannah68
    Options
    Triple love it; run and get it.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine!

Because:

1. It really gives me an HONEST answer to how active I am.
    2. It modivates me to become MORE active (Can I take more steps this week vs last week)
    3. Allows me to challenge my friends and see who can take the most steps

The information that you get from it is great! I love the weekly +/- Calories vs plan and the sleep tracker.

Totally Agree. It took me awhile to get it cause of the cost but love it! I wasted plenty of $$ on pedometers and HRMs should have gotten it a long time ago. :heart: :heart:
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine!

Because:

2. It motivates me to become MORE active (Can I take more steps this week vs last week)

The information that you get from it is great! I love the weekly +/- Calories vs plan and the sleep tracker.

This! I am a gadget junkie too!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I just won an auction on ebay for a brand new blue fitbit! I can't wait! Plus, I got it for ten bucks cheaper. :D
  • lilbrowngirlsj
    lilbrowngirlsj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, as long as you plan on using it to log steps, not things like strength training. I love mine for tracking my miles & steps, but if you'd like an honest account of other non-walking related exercises, look into a HRM (or both as I ended up - HRM for gym, FitBit everyday!)

Agreed! I love my fitbit :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine!

Because:

2. It modivates me to become MORE active (Can I take more steps this week vs last week)

It's worth the money for my vote. I've had mine for about six weeks and it has motivated me to walk more as well as cut down on my use of the elevator in my apartment. I usually climb about 15 or 20 flights of stairs a day now instead of only taking the elevator to my 9th floor apartment. I'm up to being able to climb four flights without stopping.

It also syncs with MFP and adds cardio calories to your daily activity without a conscious effort. I'm still working towards doing 10,000 steps a day (did it once so far).
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    YES! We love ours. :heart:

Oh, and it gives you different types of reports/graphs if you are an analytical type like me.

The only thing I really, really wished it did, was once the flower grows leaves, it stayed that way for the day, but it does not. It shrinks back down later - basically going up and down all day depending on activity. I'd love to earn a full flower and be able to keep it 'til midnight.
  • auntsoozaay
    Options
    Thanks everyone! From the research I did, it was the most bang for the buck....at $99.95 as opposed to close or over $200. I found them on Amazon for $96, and I got my hubby one too...blue for him, plum/pink for me :)...and with free 2-day shipping (I'm a Prime member), I couldn't beat it!

I'll be sure to find the FitBit group on MFP and join the community on FitBit!
  • purplekitty13
    Options
    Right now, I have a pedometer from our last corporate fitness challenge (gadgets are cool, free gadgets are even better) that I wear everyday. I've been considering the Fitbit and trying to determine how much more info it captures than the pedometer. From what I'm seeing, it has the same limitations as my pedometer (i.e. strength training, cardio, etc. that doesn't result in walking/jogging movements may not be tracked accurately) and the only additional info it captures is quality of sleep.

Am I missing something here? I'm on the fence.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name also Susie (or Sue, or Susan) and I also am a total gadget junkie!

I have a Fitbit and a Polar FT4. I use the FB for regular daily activities and the HRM for my "real" exercise. Those two gadgets used together have been awesome for letting me get a real feel for my TDEE and get my calorie goals set where they need to be.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I ordered one last weekend and can't wait to get it now! Stupid mail service takes forever! (I am not very patient)
  • cherylf145
    Options
    I ordered mine today. How do you find the fitbit group?
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love it much!:heart: Very glad that I got one.