MFP 8 week cutting challenge

Me and a few buddies are a bit special, and have been bulking all summer, sad lonely creatures that we are, and with Winter coming, its obviously time to cut. Who fancies joining our MFP 8 week cutting challenge? You might be a beginner, just starting their weightloss journey, you might be 50, or 100lbs in, you might be in a plateau and in need of support. Join us!

The rules are simple

Take a before picture.
Cut for the next 8 weeks
No naughty business with the steroids and the ECA
take a after picture

Any suggestions or input welcome, we want MFP to be the judges, we can have some little awards if we get enough people, most excercise, most weight lost, most aesthetic etc etc....

Lets Cut!

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    I'm part of that freak team. Bulk ended the last week, Picture to come ASAP
    Current weight : 165 lbs
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    I'll start with my befores:

upload4.jpg

upload2j.jpg

upload1wv.jpg

upload3l.jpg
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I'll start with my befores:

upload4.jpg

upload2j.jpg

upload1wv.jpg

upload3l.jpg

There you go.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    I dont get this img stuff! I quit!
  • CarsonRuns
    It's not you. It's Imageshack.

In Imageshack, click on the image to enlarge. Then right click the image and select Properties and then, for IE, copy the URL that is on the properties dialogue that pops up. In Chrome, you select "Copy Image URL".

Imageshack is making it difficult to create hard links.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Will you be my secretary? Cheers! Anyone else joining in?
  • CarsonRuns
    Will you be my secretary? Cheers! Anyone else joining in?

I'd rather teach a man to fish. :smile:

See above for an explanation.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    <---Subjective judge
    Full body front, back, and both sides for before and after would be nice! Makes my job easier

How the hell am I suppose to test for steroids or ECA though? I don't have that kind of lab equipment in my hands! 8 Weeks, meh, things won't change just overnight I suppose. Be good boys and girls...promise? I can tell if you are lying if you show your face! (Hah, be good Foxy!)

Start/Stop dates? Well whatever, post your pics when you got 'em.

How about some Objective categories too? Let's just go with weight and Bodyfat% (done using proportion scales since it's easiest)...more winners, less losers this way...everyone gets a trophy just like little league!
  • mrclash
    mrclash Posts: 9 Member
    have no idea what so ever how to upload photos into this group,but have uploaded 3 new ones to my profile,these will not change until we reach our end date..

weight today 295lbs
    body fat 35.4%
    bmi 39.8
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    All good calls, i'll get a side on photo, i never take them!

Starting weight: 81kg
    BF I dunno, quite a lot now!
  • mrclash
    mrclash Posts: 9 Member
    have no idea what so ever how to upload photos into this group,but have uploaded 3 new ones to my profile,these will not change until we reach our end date..

weight today 295lbs
    body fat 35.4%
    bmi 39.8

i dont know how accurate my bodyfat/bmi is had it done on a machine in local chemist,its the first time i done it..
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Oh BTW, I judge Aesthetics (Symmetry, definition, flexion)>>>Size, this is natural so size doesn't matter
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    After a 12 week bulk, I am up from the mid 160's to 176 lbs. I have all my pre cut measurements listed in my blog and I will use them as a reference for progress. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nicksolomon

Good luck friends! also, add if you want. I run and lift heavy.

aproximately 17% bf?

8 week goal 12%

ultimate 2012 goal, 10%

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    In :smile: So does the 8 weeks start from next Monday to give people some time to get photos and stuff?

Weight 83.7kg (184lbs)

Accumeasure calipers:
    chest 4.5mm
    abs 17mm
    thigh 5.5mm

Chest:102cm
    Waist:82cm
    Hips:82cm
    Bicep: 33/36.7 32.4/35.5
    Forearm: 31 30.7
    Thigh:57.5 59
    Calf: 37.75 36.5

front relax
    2012-08-20%252007.52.38.jpg

front flex
    2012-08-20%252007.53.00.jpg

side
    2012-08-20%252007.53.48.jpg

back
    2012-08-20%252007.55.05.jpg

legs
    2012-08-24%252007.48.11.jpg
  • Hmmmm I might have to do this... I have been lazy and slack and need to get serious again... Will get the gf to take some photos tonight and will look at joining in
  • chrisdavey
    Hmmmm I might have to do this... I have been lazy and slack and need to get serious again... Will get the gf to take some photos tonight and will look at joining in

yeah buddy!

Oh & BTW my exercise is heavy lifting, hanging off poles and stuff and unicycling.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    I'm in a 12 week cutter thing now so why not join an 8. I will take new pics and measurements this weekend.
  • Hmmmm I might have to do this... I have been lazy and slack and need to get serious again... Will get the gf to take some photos tonight and will look at joining in

yeah buddy!

Oh & BTW my exercise is heavy lifting, hanging off poles and stuff and unicycling.

Yep mine wil just be heavy lifting with supersets and then some HIIT with kettle bells and bike... Just gotta get this calorie limit down... Having an italian gf makes it so so hard
  • chrisdavey
    I'm in a 12 week cutter thing now so why not join an 8. I will take new pics and measurements this weekend.

Good to have you on board headless friend :tongue:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    I am finishing up my bulk and start my cut on monday! This might be a good group to join....