Options
13»

Replies

• kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    coffee is a diuretic

The caffeine in the coffee is a diuretic

Only if you consume more than 6-700 mg caffeine a day. A grande americano coffee at starbucks is approx 200mg.

Ewww, Starbucks. *gag*
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I :heart: coffee. 1 tbsp cream, 1 sweetener. 20 tiny calories.
  • fatima147
    Options
    i used to hav 4-5 cups a day. apparently, it causes wreck to the nervous sys! i did reduce it but no need to stop
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Gave it up, missed it. Drank it often again, gave it up, missed it...added 1/2 cup back...then two. It's back in it's home, my special "It's not PMS, I'm always *****y" mug WITH 4 tbsp half & half, twice a day...sometimes three. I've lost 110 lbs with drinking it. I find it settles a desire...it's staying. Drinking my java goes hand in hand when visiting MFP...it's sitting beside me now :-)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I still drink maybe 2 or 3 cups a week I just changed what i put in it.
    I use 2 Tbsp of Coconut milk coffee creamer for 40cals and it's well worth it for me.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    pretty much anything could be debated as bad and good. some say meat is bad, some say its vital. some say splenda will kill you, some say the tests were inconclusive and done wrong.even to much water could kill you. standing at the bus stop could add tuns of extra pollution compared to across the street. your cell phone sends radiation into your head or into your junk if its in your pocket, but i dont see anyone giving up their crack berry. but as a half time barista, and a full time college student, im not giving up my coffee. yolo?
  • etherealdoll
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE <3 I drink at least 2-4 cups a day, it really helps control my appetite and gives me energy. I use 2 packets of sweetener (stevia if it's available, otherwise Splenda) and either no milk, or sometimes 1 tbsp soy milk or half-and-half if I want to go all-out, haha. I've never understood using like a whole bottle of creamer in coffee, it tastes delicious with just a tiny bit!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me life without coffee would be a very sad existence. Coffee in the morning is a ritual for me. Just one large cup and I'm set for the day.

I put four tablespoons of 40% heavy cream in my coffee for a total of 240 calories. Shocking I know. Many mfp folks probably think this is crazy. But I love it and it works for me. I have lost 48 pounds in 10 months.

Btw I don't put sugar in my coffee. Long live the coffee bean!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I love coffee <333333

Don't talk to me if I haven't had my coffee for the day lol
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Couldn't survive without my coffee!! One tablespoon of fat free half & half, a little stevia, and it's heaven in a mug for 10 cals. What a bargain! :drinker:
  • silkyrose691
    Options
    I used to drink coffee off and on all day.. now since I started watching what I have I have 2 cups in the morning with milk and sugar then maybe 1 cup of decaf at night.. I drink water All day and night
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Coffee makes me ravenous. An hour after drinking coffee, I'll have the sudden desire to eat everything I can get my hands on. This happens whether the coffee is decaf or regular and no matter what I put in it. Many people have the exact opposite experience. I still drink it, but a few times a month instead of everyday and always right before a meal time.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    not sure how coffee could lead to weight gain unless perhaps it's the cream or sweeteners being used. i personally drink LOTS of black coffee always have and always will. doesn't seem to help me lose or gain. it does ward off migraines for me and i have no need to ever give it up as it is my last vice!

i would say if you associate a cup of coffee with a high fat food or dessert perhaps it would make you gain. i gave up diet soda for that reason, even though it had zero calories i associated it with lots of snack foods. it's not good for me anyway and now i no longer miss it.

i'd say it is all about personal choice and moderation.
  • viasophia13
    viasophia13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I personally love coffee, so i drink usually 2-3 cups a day(: 1 Tbsp of 2% milk, and 1/2 Tsp of sugar, and 16 calories!! It's perfect for me, although it dehydrates you, so if you drink 1 cup of coffee, you have to drink 2 cups of water just to re hydrate you. Just keep that in mind! It does contain antioxidants, too, but im not one to get Starbucks everyday, since their coffee drinks can go up to 400 calories...which is ridiculous! if you make it at home, its much healthier...and it also suppresses my appetite, which is a bonus! i drink it in place of snacks sometimes...also i love to have it when im on MFP, and i'm drinking a cup right now(: :drinker:
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. If one has a sensitivity to coffee, then it will affect their ability to lose weight. If one isn't sensitive, fine. Coffee acts as a diuretic (makes you lose water, you pee a lot). The problem with coffee drinking is that it can strip the body of B vitamins. Splenda isn't good for you - I'd switch to stevia. My favorite is KAL stevia (in liquid form). Expensive but lasts a long time and - a little goes a long way.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yay for coffee posts! Some things I refuse to give up and coffee is one of them. During the week I use skim milk, but on the weekends I use fat free hazlenut creamer, 1 tsp and it helps me not eat junk food (I consider that my snack for 20 calories).