Holiday Parties and Dinners

Options
So I know for one I'm going to have several dinners and parties to attend between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anyone have any tips or pointers for these to share with everyone? What is your favorite dish to bring that is healthy but will WOW everyone?

I just read this little article on MSN and thought it was pretty good.
http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100249747

Replies

• bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When attending the parties, I would stick to eating lean proteins like chicken/turkey, and lots of veggies! Stay away from stuffing, or anything else carb-packed! When eating carbs, I would aim for a portion size of about half a tennis ball. Avoid all of the sweets that will be available at the parties, and instead pick a fresh fruit dish as your dessert! Maybe you could even bring a fruit salad as a dish? Good luck, & you'll definitely be thanking yourself after the holidays, for staying on track!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It really helps me to eat a light snack of some sort before I go to eat at a dinner. That way I'm not starving and I can make better choices like to fill up on turkey and vegetables. But, I do let myself have one treat that I've been eyeballing lol. It helps to know that you can have something you want (even though it's a small portion) and not have to worry about the calories in that one treat. :smile: