peanut m&ms....

Options
I know we aren't supposed to eat these, but I'm into moderation, I can't just NEVER eat them again and i got to thinking.... well these could be a good pre workout snack, they are much more substantial because of the peanuts and you can have like 8 and be pretty satisfied... what do you guys think? I actually had a nutritionist tell me to eat a snickers before my vb games, I was like OK! haha.... so to pb m&m's yay or nah?!

~Leash :heart:

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just ate some today! Love them....in moderation of course :love:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I know we aren't supposed to eat these, but I'm into moderation, I can't just NEVER eat them again and i got to thinking.... well these could be a good pre workout snack, they are much more substantial because of the peanuts and you can have like 8 and be pretty satisfied... what do you guys think? I actually had a nutritionist tell me to eat a snickers before my vb games, I was like OK! haha.... so to pb m&m's yay or nah?!

~Leash :heart:

I had someone tell me to eat a Snicker's in between a double header softball game. It kept my energy up. I have never been able to give up completely on sweets. I think anything in moderation is fine. My weakness is Krispy Kreme donuts so every now and then I have one. I personally don't think it is good to tell yourself you can never have a certain food again (unless there is a medical reason). It just makes me want it more. Good luck.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I say as long as you don't go over your calories do whatever works for you!!! I have my m&ms after working out - I often use my exercise calories to have a treat. Give me incentive to hit the gym regularly.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I love em and eat them all the time....I rationalize they are partially good because of the peanuts
    When I have a craving for some chocolate I literally measure out 1/4 cup (210cals)
    I find it to be a very satisfying snack and worth the cals in my book, once in a while

Kim
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think it's great if you can stay within your limits. I on the otherhand don't know moderation. It would be on, the poor bag would not stand a chance. LOL :smokin:
  • If you can eat them in moderation and not go insane...... then go for it! :drinker:

I apparently cannot........ w/or without peanuts! I'm having probs
    right now with Costco chocolate covered raisins! :cry: :love:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    MMMm... yum...
    I dunno, you look fit enough that I don't think it would harm you - of course, in moderation. Personally for the energy I'd eat a Lara Bar.