Two days on MFP

RockNRollWeekender
RockNRollWeekender Posts: 44 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all...I'm new to MFP. :tongue:

I am 27 year old married mommy of 1. I weighed 125 lbs 4 years ago....155 lbs 3 years ago...and am now up to 176 lbs & I am only 5'3". Really trying to break this trend and will be SO happy if I can get back down to 150 lbs.

I am pretty busy with work (retail) so my husband does all the cooking which is usually not the healthiest. Hopefully I can get him to join me soon on this endeavor as he is overweight too.

Music motivates me! I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to my favorite inspiring tunes for 5 days now. Hopefully MFP can keep me on track with my eating. I had a buddy who I was supposed to be "dieting" with but that hasn't worked out (she may be doing it unhealthily). So, just hoping to get some support on here and meet inspiring people walking the same path I am.

Hope to hear from some of you!
:heart: Heather

Replies

• Hey! I feel your pain! This is the best site to be on, everyone is very supportive and we are all here for you! You have taken the first steps to the healthier you so keep it up! ~Jacqueline
  • Thanks! I've been looking at all the different message boards and I am just truly inspired with everyone's journey & success. So glad that there will be people rooting me on.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome this site has been great I have been on here since Jan 2009 and I love it!!!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    There are a couple of newer groups: "30 Day Shred Anyone?" and one for Petite Women if you want to join in. The people and support here are really great and positive. Good luck.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you love it as much as I do. It's a great community, and there are so many ideas and solutions for any problem you could have along your weight loss journey. Good luck!

-Alison
  • Marilla thanks for informing me about the groups! I actually just finished another 30 day shred workout and could really use that group now. lol.

Everyone is so awesome so far. Thanks a lot for the support.
  • Welcome to MFP!! So glad you're here! I'm 5'3" as well and it's really easy for me to gain weight, but super hard to lose it. But, once I joined MFP about 10 months ago, I really whipped myself into shape and got down to the smallest size I have ever been -- unfortunately, I let go of MFP because I thought I had everything under control and I gained about 30 pounds of the weight I had lost. Now, I'm back and hoping to keep with it even once I reach my goal. You can do this! We're here for you and I wish you all the best! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.