My eating sucks

Options
Well, let me start, I just recently started the P90X program am on my second month and third day. I've been pushing really hard during my workouts, and have been trying to change the way I eat. My work schedule really sucks and my biggest problem was my diet. (I only ate 2 times a day... lunch and dinner @ 10. Well i've changed that, and now eat lunch, take a meal replacement @ about 5 and get out of work @ 8 go home and start working out and finish in an hour and have dinner @ 10:30 - 11ish... How bad is my eating habbits affecting how successful I will be @ achieving my goal.... I did loose 22pounds my first 30 days of p90x and feel like I could have probably done better if I had really changed to the correct eating habits... I've got the meal plan from p90x but just don't have the time in my busy day to go home, cook food and do everthing that's involved in the diet.. Am i really slowing my progress down....

my diet is as follows...

lunch = tuna or ground beef ice tea to drink maybe a salad.
dinner = GNC total lean 25
workout 8:30
dinner 10:30 (healthy, steak, salad, fish, chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables... ect..
nighty night (going to sleep)
I have been following my calorie consumption on mfp and I hope i'm on the right track...ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS VERY WELL ACCEPTED, even if it's not constructive give it to me TELL ME THE TRUTH... I need to hear the good the bad and the ugly!
Sam

Replies

• SAMBALLS1
    SAMBALLS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ttt
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would try and fit some eggs or somesuch in there before lunch unless you are doing intermittent fasting or somesuch. A couple of eggs, a little cheese and some spinach or other veggies would be a good start to the day.
  • rachf2013
    Options
    you really need to eat breakfast. If you skip breakfast, it takes forever to get your metabolism started. Even if its just a piece of fruit or a small bowl of cereal; get that first bit of food into your stomach.

The other thing is, and i know this is probably hard because of your work schedule, don't eat right before you go to bed. You lose most of your weight while you sleep because it's a long time and if you have eaten, then your body just consumes that food, if you havent eaten recently then your body is forced to consume your fat. (I'm aware this is not a scientific explanation.)

Also, i found the calories MFP gave me were too few and it stopped me from losing weight; I increased it by about 200cals and that's been helping.