Sweetners/Sugar-Free Products

What are your thoughts? I have always tried to follow a clean diet so at one point I realized I needed to go to all natural products and cut out the crap. Now that I'm back on my weight loss journey I see my self starting to look for sugar free products. In my coffee I starting adding a packet of splenda again. What do you do to lower your sugar intake?

Replies

• seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    i use liquid stevia to sweeten. it has zero calories and only takes a drop or two to get the job done
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    I like the new product they have out called Nectresse. It's made from Monk fruit.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 733 Member
    I use Sweetleaf Stevia in powder form. A little goes a long way.
  • kevinholton
    kevinholton Posts: 2 Member
    I like to sweeten my drinks and food with Stevia which is a natural plant based sweetener much sweeter than sugar. I was using splenda and sweet n' low in my coffees for a while but essentially they are just chemicals and corn sugars. Although they have very few or no calories, they are still not healthy. Stevia is a saviour!
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Sugar is more natural than fake sugar. Just count the calories. I've drank sweet tea and had sugar on my oatmeal through my whole weight loss. Can't stand artificial sweeteners or Stevia.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Fair warning, this thread will turn into a war.

But anyway, use stevia or real sugar, not something from a lab.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    I use Sweetleaf Stevia in powder form. A little goes a long way.

Same. I need only 1 little packet in my 12-oz cup of coffee. I like the taste very much.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Over a year ago I switched from sugar to agave nectar. I love agave nectar, it doesn't have the same aftertaste splenda has or even stevia, but recently I made the jump from agave to stevia. I'd rather have the aftertaste than feel guilty about the calories. I don't think it'd be a big deal if I didn't have it with my coffee every morning.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 446 Member
    Fair warning, this thread will turn into a war.

But anyway, use stevia or real sugar, not something from a lab.

^^ this. I use stevia most of the time. The fake stuff gives me headaches.