Great Cookbook

Mindful_Trent
Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
My mom gave me a great cookbook for my birthday - it is "Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast."

I like it because it has LOTS of pictures, most of the recipes have a a manageable number of ingredients, and it gives you the nutritional breakdown for all the recipes. My only complaint would be that it doesn't give you the sugar content for the recipes, but one could easily get around that by entering individual ingredients into the food log. Many of the recipes include things like "pre-chopped bell pepper, onion and tomato mix" (probably due to the emphasis on "fast") but to save money and make the food go further it would easy enough to buy the individual veggies and chop them yourself.

Here's a link to the cookbook on Amazon.com, if anyone's interested: http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Light-Fresh-Food-Fast/dp/0848732642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258950180&sr=8-1

Replies

• nicholedunn
    nicholedunn Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for sharing! I noticed it is so hard to cook at home AND log calories. But I would much rather cook something healthy at home than eat out! :happy:
    Going to look it up, thanks!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    *bump* (I need to quit posting things late at night!)
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Thanks for the tip! It's hard to find fast recipes that are also healthy sometimes.
  • :flowerforyou: It IS a great cookbook :happy:
This discussion has been closed.