Subway - wow 1350 sodium in a 6" bread!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I know I should count sodium but between counting calories, carbs, protein, fat, fiber and sugar I'll go bananas if I start into sodium! All that counting and I wouldn't have time to get to the gym lol

At least Subway has that awesome sub builder thing on their website. It makes me choose them rather than a restaurant where I wouldn't have any idea what I'm eating. Hopefully we can get some guidelines in place to make it mandatory for restaurants to inform the public. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and information is the key to that prevention. Can't be healthy if you aren't informed.

Sodium has a greater impact on me than calories- not enough water and too much sodium- no matter whether it's naturally occurring or added to the food I'm ingesting- causes water retention and wrecks havoc on my health

so it's worthwhile to track it if health is your goal, not just a numbers on a scale and clothing tag.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    plain ol' white (italian) or sourdough (if available) are, IMO, the best choices
    when it comes to cal, and sodium.
    I opt for it over wheat.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I dont eat there anymore, i got to a natural deli shop