Cowboy-style Boots

Options
michellekicks
michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
Looking for some new boots... cowboy-style (ish) with a low heel. Should I go for pointed toe? Rounded or squared? Taller (not knee height though) or short? What do you like best?

I like these:

(squared toe)
41i2w0k57nL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(pointed toe)
41F9HVALkaL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(short ones)
518RD7KPzAL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(rounded toe)
41FjVOXo7YL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

I can't choose... :sad: ... I have a shoe fetish. Help me out...

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think the squared toe ones are most comfy.

I have REAL cowboy boots- similar to the first pair but mine have purple shafts....I do like that teal, though!!
  • bahlquist
    Options
    Both of the pointed styles would work
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pointed toes!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love the turquoise ones! Not sure about what shape toe, I have foot problems due to RA so I would go with what is most comfy lol! What do you want to wear them with? That might help you decide what style/height to go with.
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    Pointed!!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like the last pair, but I have large calves and higher ones would rub me funny.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Looking for some new boots... cowboy-style (ish) with a low heel. Should I go for pointed toe? Rounded or squared? Taller (not knee height though) or short? What do you like best?

I like these:

(squared toe)
    41i2w0k57nL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(pointed toe)
    41F9HVALkaL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(short ones)
    518RD7KPzAL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

(rounded toe)
    41FjVOXo7YL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

I can't choose... :sad: ... I have a shoe fetish. Help me out...

I have a pair of Justins that are short with a rounded toe and I also have a pair of boots that are pointy toed and taller. Honestly, it all depends on what you want them for. If you're looking for everyday wear, I'd go for the round. If you want slightly dressier and more "traditional" looking cowgirl boots, go for the point. Just my two cents :)
  • avelasquez13101987
    Options
    I'm from Dallas and have been wearing boots most of my lfe...like anything else styles change. The last couple of years most everyone is wearing the flat or rounded boots...comfort is my main concern and I have found that the boots made in America are built quality. Be sure to ask when you buy because some Justin boots are made overseas. Hope this helps!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ooooh the square and pointed are really a personal preference...but the "Taller" boots are really in lately. they make the person look longer while the short ones are ... yeah... get the taller ones!
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    I want a pair of boots so bad just don't know what kind or what the differences are.. Maybe I'll just to try some on :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I want to sleep with the first two pairs.

And when I say "sleep with", I literally mean in pajamas, holding close so no one can steal them.

Yeah..... this just got awkward.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Don't order without trying them on!

My favorites are tall with point toe. They're dressier - look nice with jeans or a sundress.
  • bushs99
    bushs99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pointed toe - that will be my next purchase. I have 2 pairs like the last pair - Ariat Phat Babies are so comfy
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I really think they are a matter of personal opinion. I love boots! My fav that I wear with jeans have a square toe and a low heel. But I feel like I look silly in them with shorts or skirts. So I have a couple pairs of higher shafted, dressier boots for that. I think the short, rounded toe ones look so adorable on some people, but again, I feel silly in them. My daughter is the same, I just took her to buy a pair and those short ones look so cute on her! But she said she felt goofy! lol Go try a bunch on and see which ones you like on you best!! Good luck!!!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My vote is tall pointed toe. My favorite kinda boot :)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    For a woman, always tall and pointy.

I have experience with this...
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Grew up in the 'burbs of Dallas. I really like the pointed toes best - #3 is my favorite of the options. My wife had a pair like #3 only w/a lower top. Loved the look of those w/a jean skirt!

I have two pairs myself, one more rounded, one pointed. I used to like the rounded best, now the pointed are my favorites. Guess I just changed w/time.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Pointed an tall go with just about anything. That is usually what I wear. But don't order them offline. It is always best to try them one before you buy because even though you may have two pair that look exactly alike, they will not feel the same. Comfort is essential and trying them on is key.
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Road Wolf boots and they are my favorite. They are the perfect height and nice color
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Well in the actual Rodeo/Western world, the square toe is totally in, but I have always preferred a rounded toe. I have the shorties(Fat Babies),and the taller-topped---I like both, but it depends on what you'll be wearing them with...for heavy duty horseback work, I prefer a lower heel, round toe with a medium top(about 1 1/2 inches below the knee).