What to do tonight with excess calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• nrbromert
    nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No breakfast works for me. For most its s must for me I would rather have the option of splurging for lunch and dinner than eat breakfast and not. I have never enjoyed breakfast.
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    If you seem to have this problem frequently, I would try to front-load your calories. I do this a lot so I'm not stuffing my face right before bed or after a workout that saps my appetite. Maybe try a bigger lunch? I agree about at least getting some protein in there after the workout, and your diary seems like you could also up some vegetation. You don't want to be so consistently super under calories like you were today or you won't be able to maintain enough energy to complete your fitness goals. Your appetite might pick up tomorrow morning once your body gets a chance to work up the hunger again. Just don't go overboard tomorrow because you had extra today! Remember that sometimes "healthy eating" means eating a lot of good stuff, not a little of marginally healthy foods. Don't stress about it too much! Eat. Don't eat. Just try and average out the healthy behavior :)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Seriously not trying to be rude....but try eating breakfast next time...and maybe some healthy snacks throughout the day. 1000 calories for a full grown male is paltry. "Eating healthy" definitely includes eating breakfast, by pretty much everyone's definition. Even a piece of fruit or a little yogurt.
    Good luck!

While I agree that 1000 is low for a guy, your statement about breakfast is just plain false. Intermittent fasting is becoming quite mainstream, whereby people fast for a period of time and then eat only in a specified window. I tried it and skipping breakfast actually really helps with controlling my hunger. I'm not hungry on a given day until I start eating.
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Whats with this saving calories for another day. I have never heard anything like this. You would think you body resets each night when you go through you sleep wake cycle and "break fast". No matter what arent you suppoused to eat at least1200 calories a day?
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    i was told if you have calories left and if its late then eat something with protein in it like some lunch meat or a protein bar but stay up for at least one hour so you have time to digest it and i dont believe that you can save calories for another day, thats not how i think this works. eat what calories you are allowed per day and its not like weight watchers were you have bonus points to carry on through the week. good luck :)

I've lost nearly 30 lbs using this method :) I started doing it to save my sanity and so I wasn't starving myself on days I knew if be going out to dinner or to happy hour. Most days I'm 100-300 under my goal so that on the one or two days I know I want to eat more I don't have to worry about it. It's working for me! Check out calorie cycling, it's a similar principal basically giving you a different goal every day to keep your body guessing with occasional high cal days to boost your metabolism. Don't knock it till you try it!
  • KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, if you restrict your calories too much, you will continue to lose weight but you will be losing muscle mass and not fat. I almost always eat my exercise calories and have lost 2lbs each week. My weight has gone down and also my body fat percentage has gone down. There have been a couple of days when I have not eaten them back, but I eventually did later on in the week. I use the bar chart on the home page of my iphone app to average my net calories over each week, rather than hitting the daily number.
    Also, after a bit of research and some calculations, I use a daily calorie allowance of 1479, not the 1200 that MFP decided on for me to lose 2lb a week. I am happy with the 2lbs of fat loss each week that I have seen.................. just hope it continues!!!