90 Day Challenge and A Positive and Negative

Options
The son contacted me and wanted me to join him in a 90 day challenge. He wants to lose 65lbs by the time of his brother (our other son) wedding next year. He is going to use some sort of shake diet to get there and wanted me to try it, too. However, my doctor vetoed it and wants me to stay on course with this program or something similar (i.e., Weight Watchers). She advised that it needs to be a lifestyle change because more often than not you'll gain it back and then some. Also, I had a reaction to drinking slimfast because it made my heart race, so I agree with her strategy. So, I told him I would join his 90 day challenge but want to do it my way. I am still figuring that out.

Today, I remembered a few years ago reading a diet called "Change One" courtesy of Reader's Digest. It had some good points. So, in taking from that type of mindset, I decided this week to work on losing something that is unhealthy for me, and picking up something good for me .... a negative and a positive. Today, I decided will be my last day drinking soda for a while. I won't say I will give it up for life because that is probably not a reality, but for now. As a positive, I wanted to start my bible study again.

I am working on losing my first five pounds, and have 1.5lbs behind me. Looking forward to a change! :happy:

Replies

• AthenaArcher
    AthenaArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    what great motivation! You are on the right track, Keep it up! :happy: