NSV? Yeah, I guess it is..

Options
2»

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!! I hope it will help your stomach pain issue go away. In the meantime, I know it will help your grocery budget massively! Good for you!!

Soda is expensive! I have switched to water here, but my husband takes a can of diet coke or diet pepsi to work with his lunch each day. I have found that the scale is moving downwards better if I drink just water and not soda, even though it was diet. I have one 12oz mug of home brewed coffee in the morning each day, but that's it.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My husband just finally moved here from Morocco permanently last year. The FIRST thing he did was decide how much he loved Coke!! With that and eating like a pig, he went from around 150 to 210 in just few months!!! Anyway, a month ago, he decided he wanted to lose a little weight and stopped drinking more than 1-2 cokes a day. Before, he was probably drinking 5-6 a day. In a months time, JUST changing that...........he has lost 11 lbs! His jeans that were tight on him before are now 2-3 inches loose!

Coke is definitely bad for ya! Like you said........look at all the things it can do and it is very corrosive! My 8th grade teacher used to always tell us........to clean a corroded car battery.....just pour coke on it....its THAT acidic!! I love me some Diet Coke but I have done well lately laying off on it!

You are doing great finding other drinks! Water is great! I drink a lot of tea. Don't look back on that bad coke habit! lol We are all learning and it is GREAT MFP has a place to let us all share this kind of info with each other that really makes a difference in other people's lives!
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    that's an amazing NSV! Your teeth and stomach will be so much more please with you from now on!
  • oceanbigwater
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of you too, the addiction is pretty real for people who may not understand, I have known people who literally cannot stop, fits, fighting the whole bit so very proud of you girl keep away from that **** its total poison.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I quit drinking soda a couple months ago as I was drinking 6-7 cans of dr pepper a day. It was ridiculous! That was the only thing I drank and now I hate even thinking about drinking it. Don't get cravings or anything anymore. Great job!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fantastic self control. I too struggle a bit with diet cokes. Was drinking two or three every day. Haven't had one since I started P90X though (5 days now).
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was a diet soda junkie. It was one of the hardest things I have ever given up....but I did it. You should be proud of yourself!
  • escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great Great Great JOb!!!! Im about 5 month soda free, and I have t say it was harder to quit soda then it was smoking for me! But glad its a habit I kicked! Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!