Help with motivation please!!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm always back and forth with counting calories and exercising. I think my main problem is anytime I'm bored, I eat. As I'm preparing the food, I think to myself, "I should not be doing this..." but it doesn't matter, I end up eating it anyways. I was wondering what you all do to help you stay on track of things and how do you keep a strong will power? I have an issue with once the idea is in my head to eat something, I have to eat something. Please help!!

Replies

• MissCierra2008
    Options
    Some hunger-preventing tricks I use are:

*Drink lots of water- keeps something in your stomach.
    *Choose foods with higher protein content- will keep you fuller longer.
    *Chew sugarless gum whenever you feel "snacky" or are preparing a meal to prevent 'taste-testing' ;)
    *Take a short walk everytime you feel hungry and shouldnt.. It will boost your metabolism and give you more energy.

Tricks for shopping heathfully:

*Walk the perimeter of the store FISRT- all of the healthy, fresh food and produce is there.
    *NEVER shop hungry (I chew gum while I shop if I cannot eat beforehand).

General Motivation tricks:

*Write down your goals!- Written goals are easy to remember if you physically see yourself write them out plus you can revisit them at a later date.
    *Do things like: make a workout jar (which is what I have done).. For every workout you complete, put a dollar in the jar and use that money for new clothes when you reach your goal weight!

Hope this helps! :)
  • MissCierra2008
    Options
    Some hunger-preventing tricks I use are:

*Drink lots of water- keeps something in your stomach.
    *Choose foods with higher protein content- will keep you fuller longer.
    *Chew sugarless gum whenever you feel "snacky" or are preparing a meal to prevent 'taste-testing' ;)
    *Take a short walk everytime you feel hungry and shouldnt.. It will boost your metabolism and give you more energy.

Tricks for shopping heathfully:

*Walk the perimeter of the store FISRT- all of the healthy, fresh food and produce is there.
    *NEVER shop hungry (I chew gum while I shop if I cannot eat beforehand).

General Motivation tricks:

*Write down your goals!- Written goals are easy to remember if you physically see yourself write them out plus you can revisit them at a later date.
    *Do things like: make a workout jar (which is what I have done).. For every workout you complete, put a dollar in the jar and use that money for new clothes when you reach your goal weight!

Hope this helps! :)

ALSO: eat lots of celery! The doctor told me that celery actually helps you burn fat!! Because your body digests it for a long time almost like it doesnt know how to so it burns calories!! (That has become a favorite snack of mine when I want to snack).
  • klsdwn
    klsdwn Posts: 54
    Options
    I am struggling with this too!! Just know that we are all here to support you!
  • Sweet__Pea
    Options
    Thank you!! Those all seem to be very helpful and useful tips! I will definitely try the celery trick. It makes sense and it's mainly water so maybe it will help me feel full at the same time. Thanks a bunch!