It has only been 20 days and I have a few NSV

Options
20 days ago when I committed to losing weight and decide to use MFP as a tool, I did not expect the kind of changes that I have experienced. It has been a pleasant surprise to discover how much this website has to offer. The friends that I have accumulated have provided a sense of accountability that I have spent the past 3 years desperately looking for. I also found that through having friends and reading the message boards, I have gained an enormous amount of information and ideas, all of which excite me. I have found MFP to be an outlet for the feelings and thoughts that I associate with food and my self image, a place where I can be open, honest and vulnerable. I used to feel very alone and isolated because I did not have an outlet for all of that. I think my biggest NSV has been the result of all this new found support, encouragement and self awareness, I have not indulged in any kind of binge eating since I started using this site 20 days ago. I have gained a new feeling of freedom and sobriety from my long battle with food addiction that started when I was 13, 10 years of binge eating to cope with my feelings, stress, insecurity and loneliness. I have felt fulfilled, healthy, clean and even kinda pretty since I started utilizing what this site has to offer. I honestly feel like I am growing as a person and becoming a better version of myself because of MFP. Life has become more enjoyable now that I am not controlled by my obsession with food. Thank you everyone who reads and posts on the message board, I love all the information that helps me grow, Thank you to all my friends who cheer me on and make me feel accepted and valuable.

Oh yeah and I should probably mention that my skin has cleared up, I can fit into my small jeans again and I have more confidence in myself than I have ever had before. These are notable NSVs for me :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!