COMFORT FOOD what's your weaknesses

Options
Hi ya just wanted to find out what people did when you were down and angry what food did you reach for to fix your hurt and now after being on MPF what changes have you made meaning what do you now reach for or do you go for a run up a mountain to work off your pain? Today I went and put on the deep fryer 5 minutes later I turned it off had a healthy sandwich I used to stop eating when I was In pain hurting from abuse by somebody then I would binge when I grew stronger NOT ANYMORE so tell me your story's and success :smile:

Replies

• mystry11
    mystry11 Posts: 34
    Options
    :smile:
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I play "Walk It Out" on my iPod, and then go and walk it out, lol!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Usually a good stiff drink :drinker: ... On a healthier note, cleaning or running. (Freudian, eh?)
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anything with mayonnaise in it or on it would do it for me. Recently, I've been keeping cut veggies on hand like baby carrots and cucumber wedges. Not really a replacement, but the crunchy juiciness seems to do the trick.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I used to drink beer -- a lot of beer. Now I drink a Perrier and go for a run!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    All comfort food is my weakness. :/

I'm combating this by finding new recipes to make veggies and meat not taste yucky. I'm having good luck so far! lol
  • mystry11
    Options
    Wow good to hear you all health fanatics yep I'm still trying to find my fix creotdnt quite do it for me I tend to bake then throw it out. Before I eat it :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink:
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I used to reach for ice cream, pizza, and beers to help me "get over" stuff. Now I go for sparkling mineral water, fresh fruit, seaweed snacks, a cup of coffee with a dollop of coconut milk (can't do dairy any more) or baked potato chips. I also know that going to the gym will make me feel better about myself and the day.
  • mystry11
    Options
    Sory I'm not allowed drink and drive guess I'll run up that mountain :happy:
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    icecream
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Hi, I'm 5. :smile:
  • miss_asho
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream are my weaknesses :(
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    pizza. fried chicken. salty snacks. donuts. anything good really. Just have to make the right decisions and enjoy what I can in moderation.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    baked potatoes with butter and sour cream. As well as baked goods. Anything with a lot of carbs and fat
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    velveeta shells and cheese with diced tomatoes. Its just sooooooooooooooooooo good. Now I dont even keep it in the house. I cant eat just a little..........I gotta have it til I wanna puke
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    What isn't

Pizza
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. Mashed, fries, baked, fried..etc. I've cut back a lot and add more veggies now.