Cravings

Options
I started this project on the first day of spring and have steadily lost weight, now to 33 pounds lost. Since Sunday, I've been craving a hearty meal and today, since I don't even have the fixin's for such on hand, I heated up a half a pizza and ate almost a half of that. I do feel like I satisfied something in me but I am wondering if any of you know of a good source to check to find out just what I'm not paying attention to nutrition-wise that would make me have such strong cravings -- I assume -- for fats. Maybe I've been eating too lean, not enough protein?? Any suggestions welcome.

Replies

• goodbyerachel
    Options
    Add some nuts to get the fats in? or avocado?
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    When I have strong cravings -- usually for peanut butter -- I go for it. I figure my body is telling me something. If it's sweets or fats, it is probably your "phantom fatty" rearing its ugly head. It's hard to suppress those cravings, but it's crucial to long-term success. Hang in there -- try to find some healthier options that satisfy those urges. :-) Maybe a Lean Pocket vs. half a pizza? Good luck and hang in there!