GoodSports/Support Bras for Larger Chests?

Options
13»

Replies

• shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-endure-d-cup/pid1001175-001

I have this bra and I love, love, love it!! I'm a 36D and I run regularly and this bra keeps everything in place :)
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    G here, and even when I was smaller, the best advice I ever found was double up with a cheapy uni-boob sports bra. got a 3 pack for $10 at wal mart and they're awesome. no racer back that strains my neck even! I spend enough on my regular bras, can't be spending a bundle on 2 bras per day.

I bought a pack of those something like 2 years back and still have them. Not sure if they're the same as yours but they're just a thin cotton type material and while I do wear them over my regular bras for extra support they don't do much in the way of keeping them in place when I'm jumping around like an idiot. Haha
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I want to thank Sweetness023 for starting this thread. There are some great suggestions for sites to look at. I'll definitely be looking. I've tried the Moving Comfort Fiona and it is fine for my walks.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have large heavy & dense girls. I am a 40G. I have tried Enell & I still bounce. It is the best so far but it is UNbearably hot. There must be one for us that still breaths & wicks. Recommendations?
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Doberdawn, seriously, check out the one I linked to: http://www.panache-lingerie.com/panache-sport/collection/21540838/Sports-Bra/21540842

It's so different from any other sports bra I've tried, honestly.

The one thing I will say that is a negative about it is that there's not a clear space for your HRM to sit when you wear it. I end up just shoving the little monitor piece of mine up under the band as far as I can make it go, and it still kind of presses against my sternum. Not horribly uncomfortable once you start working out, but it is noticeable. Still, if I can keep my girls from trying to bounce into the next county, I'll deal with a little pressing of the sternum.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I went into the specialty bra shop today and got refitted after my weightloss to date. I am now a 38H in an Anita Active Extreme Control. It seems to give good support & limits me to a single bounce max. Really pricey at like almost $70. But now I have at least one good one & know my correct current size so I can check out the Panache one. ;)
  • mpwoodard
    Options
    I am a former Police Officer and I wear a 30 G. I went through the police academy (running galore) only by the grace of God and THIS sports bra

http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1

it is the best thing that has ever happened to me as far as running is concerned. It looks crazy and its hard to get on with all the hooks, but the bounce control CANNOT be beat. I used to have to wear multiple sports bras which made it hard to breath and didn't help the bounce much, but I wear a regular underwire under this bra and my problems are solved! try it out. I promise it will be the best thing EVER.

It is the ONLY way I will run
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    How much would you girls pay for a very supportive bra that was designed specifically for large boobed women doing sports?

$80
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I need a 42 band and most seem to stop at 40.
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I need a 42 band and most seem to stop at 40.

This seems to be my problem as well.

I'm down from a 44F, now a 42DDD. I cram myself into 40DDD but it's stupidly uncomfortable. I have actually just started working out in Cacique balconette bras. I use them for belly dance costumes (which needs a lot of support as well), and as much as I hate using good bras for the gym, it's all I have right now. Thankfully I don't jog and I don't bounce horribly on the elliptical.

Champion, when I was smaller, were my go-to's but I hated the uni-boob that comes with them. Once I'm down another cup and perhaps a few more inches I'm going to look into the LuLuMon.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have an under armor sports bra that zips in the front. I LOVE it. Keeps the girls in place when I trail run. Came from ****'s Sporting Goods. It was about 50.00 I think
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have the shock absorber sports bras and they are great.
    I like them because they are thick strapped and hold everything in place nicely.
    Check out eBay as I got mine off there for half the price of a normal store x
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    check Title9.......they have a few stores but I mostly order online.......Not cheap but great selection and easy exchange/return if needed
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I currently have Waacoal sport underwire. $65 and it is pretty good- I wish the straps would shorten a bit more. I would pay a lot for an even better one though if someone from NASA would like to engineer one...
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Adjustable-Bounce-Control/dp/B00553XMRA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346023778&sr=8-2&keywords=glamorise+bra

I love the Glamorise Adjustable bounce control Sports Bra--I just ordered another one since I've lost more weight. The price is great and I wear it running!! I will just stick with saying that no regular store ever carries my special size :)

I do believe Macy's and JcPenney's carries it online as well, but the Amazon price can't be beat!