NEED HONEST FEEDBACK ABOUT MY CURRENT PIC

Options
mommared53
mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
So this is the thing. Yesterday a family member had mentioined that her daughter made a comment about my pic. She had seen the pic and commented that I claim to be a Christian and I post a pic like that (my current avatar). Apparently she considers that pose a "hootchie mama" pose and a Christian would not pose like that. The more I thought about it the more my feelings were hurt and the more it made me mad! I honestly never thought anything was wrong with that pose. I'm dressed very conservatively and the pic was taken by my conservative, Christian, adult son. The pose was all in fun and because I had lost 30 pounds. I really don't see anything "hootchie mama" about it.

I'd like others' opinions of my pic, espcially those of you who are not Christians. If you saw that pic say on Facebook and knew that I'm a Christian, what would you think of it?

Replies

• GlamNGlitter
    Options
    I think your pic is fine .... it would be one thing if you were showing tons of skin, but your totally covered up.
    if they have a problem with your pic then they must have some kind of deeper issue. maybe their jealous of you for actually doing the actions to loose weight and look good. maybe they have a low self esteem and they build theirs up by taring others down.

i would let it just roll of my back and not think twice! you look amazing! :flowerforyou:

Edit: btw I AM a christian :wink:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you...there is nothing hootchie about that picture. What I see is a well dressed woman who is proud of how she looks. There is no cleavage and no major body parts showing.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Christian...but isn't there a saying that goes something like 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'? I see nothing hoochie mama about it. And you look great!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    No, your totally covered... Nothing wrong with it at all!!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    It looks like the pose you see in magazines for weightloss products but WAY more covered. It sounds kind of like she is being spitful because there is nothing in the least bit "hoochy-mama" about that picture.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and have nothing to be ashamed of. I thought being a Christian included being loving, kind, and supportive. Your family member's daughter needs to look at her own attitude and outlook on life. She's the one who would give Christians a bad name not you.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah your pic is absolutely fine. I'm a Christian. I need that girl to calm down :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    No not hoochie at all. The last thing a Christian should be doing is judging others, especially when there is nothing to judge and they're basically creating a "situation" in their own mind. Maybe they're jealous of your success...I just don't see any way how that pic could be construed as suggestive. Go you for losing 30 pounds; don't let anyone take away from your joy!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    "Real Christians" don't place judgement, either, right? :grumble:

Edit: I wish I had elaborated -- I think you and your picture look fantastic! It's cerrtainly nothing for which you should be ashamed. Don't let anyone strip away your success and happiness in such a ridiculous way. :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If your young family member is Christian, she obviously isn't married. The things Christian women do with their husbands in private... tee hee. She's young & naive, pay no attention. You look great! I am a Latter Day Saint (Mormon, and no, not the freaky multiple marriage kind. Those are Fundamentalists, completely different than Mormons! Anyway...) and I think you are dressed very modestly. Heavenly Father would definitely be comfortable with you dressed like that, so just ignore what was said by your family.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    If I were you, I'd tell your family member to warn her daughter about minding her own business. I have noticed that those who judge often spend too much time on others and not enough on themselves. They end up more screwed up than anyone they ever judged.

She is a great example of the hypocrisy that runs deep in Christianity.
  • sournotez
    Options
    I'm not seeing how that picture could be considered inappropriate at all!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I think your picture is just great and very classy. You look like you were having fun...not running around half naked or anything else. Don't let your family member's daughter create drama where there is none. She is being judgemental and petty, and I am pretty sure that's not what being a Christian is supposed to be about.
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm not a Christian but here's what I see.... a beautiful woman who emits power and confidence. With a smile that big on your face, why would anyone want to wipe it from you? You and that fun pose are not the issue, that girl's the one with the problem. Move on! and do not ever doubt yourself again:flowerforyou:
  • angldow77
    Options
    Your picture is fine and has nothing to do with being a Christian at all. Maybe they're jealous!!!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    There just jealous. Be proud of it don't let them ruin it for you.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Please...she just wanted somethin to gossip about. There is nothing hootchie about that pic. She must never have seen an actual hootchie mama before. And don't let what other people say get you down cause nobodies perfect, so they dont have any room to judge you. If it was me I'd tell her to mind her own B.I. but thats just me :wink: work it out girl u look great!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. This family member (my neice) isn't a Christian and she's young, beautiful and has a great body and knows it. It occurred to me that maybe my pic may be a stumbling block to her becoming a Christian, but I don't believe it is. I think she is trying to justify sin in her own life by twisting in her own mind a completely innocent pic of a Christian posing.

I kept looking at that pic and just couldn't see anything wrong with it at all. I want to say thank you all again both Christian and non-Christian for your comments. You have really made me feel so much better. And whether you believe in God or not, God bless you. :flowerforyou:
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your picture. As a Christian, I do not find this picture offensive at all - it is simply you being proud of your accomplishments. It is fantastic that you can look at the situation and realize that maybe this hurtful thing will lead your niece to the right place. I'm proud of you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I'm a very conservative Christian woman who has strong convictions on Christian women "adorning themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly" as 1 Timothy 2:9 states. You're covered. And there's nothing suggestive about your pose. If you were in a bikini, it would be a different discussion, but I really see nothing wrong with your pose. Maybe you should ask her what about it is wrong.... because you have a hand in the air? Christians aren't allowed to put a hand up and smile? Since her argument isn't scripture-based, personally I wouldn't worry about it.