New week - new start - success this time!

nannaliz18
nannaliz18 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi - I am so excited to have this site, as the first step in my endeavour to lose weight. My 16 year old granddaughter, with tears flowing down her cheek, really got to me and caused me to re-think my motivations, when she said, Nanna, please do something about your weight - I don't want to lose you!
So I am beginning a new week, with this very strong motivation to be successful. Oh yes, I am also fighting diabetes - so I have more than one reason to succeed! I am an Oklahoma Sooner., who knows that I will have a better year than my favorite football team!
NannaLiz

Replies

• Aw... well welcome back! Don't make this a crash diet, just try some new foods that are healthy and make your favorite healthy foods a bigger part of your diet. You have some great reasons to take care of your body! Remember this isn't about being "skinny" or "hot" or anything like that, it's about being healthy. It's good stewardship of the one body God has given each of us and it's showing love for ourselves and our friends and families. Read the scripture on my signature and best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Ps. How about making your food diary public (viewable by others) so we can check on you?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Welcome nannaliz!

I'm glad to see that you have atleast listened to ur GD and decided to do something about your weight.
    If only I could get across to my dad, as I too have told him many times. sigh.

well good luck!
  • nannaliz18
    Hi Pure and Healthy - thanks so much for your kind words - they meant a lot! I read the chapter in Matthew, that you mentioned. Wow - it really hit home, I'm sure the Lord gave you those words to enlighten me - thank you again! I will certainly keep that chapter at the forefront of my days. I also think your suggestion to post my daily diet is excellent and I will do that. Thanks again, what a blessing your words were to me.
    Nanna Liz
  • nannaliz18
    Hi Nola Chick
    Thanks so much for your encouraging words - they certainly brightened my day. I will add your dad to my prayers and hope that he will begin to listen to you. It took my almost a year before my gd was able to get thru to me!
    Nannaliz:flowerforyou:
  • Aw... you are very welcome. Do you know how to publicize your diary? Just click the food tab, then click "settings" and at the bottom of the page select "public" for the food diary privacy settings, or friends only. Mine is set for "friends only" but I'll send you a friend request right now. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.