To WRAP or NOT to wrap...that is my Question?

Options
:wink: :smooched:
Hello and good morning Community...
I'm interested to know if anyones ever tried the wrapping techniques? I've heard folks talk about the process of eliminating the toxins from your body and skin through this procedure and possibly even losing inches? I would like to know your opinions on this topic! I would love to go to a spa and get this done as a treat to myself, but I don't want to waste my $$ on something that may possibly be a crock of BS too!!!
Suggestions...Comments....Complaints!!! Let's hear it!!! :smile: :wink: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :blushing: :smooched:

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    You'll lose a bit of water weight but not much else in the weight/inches department.

But I've heard that they're great for the skin itself. There's one nearby for cheap on Living Social that I'm contemplating getting as part of my relaxation time after my next half. (other things being considered, massage, pedicure for my run-addled feet, and plenty of free nights at the sauna at my gym). :D
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine works at this spa, here is a clip of explaining what happens? Never had one, The thought of being tightly wrapped in sticky film,scares me;-) However, I have heard people say they indeed lost inches..It comes back, nothing takes it away except watching cals and ex. But if you have a wedding or hot date and want inches down.. Go 4 it:-)

Good day 2 you!

edit-oops forgot link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f18gUZ3_6h8
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You'll lose a bit of water weight but not much else in the weight/inches department.

But I've heard that they're great for the skin itself. There's one nearby for cheap on Living Social that I'm contemplating getting as part of my relaxation time after my next half. (other things being considered, massage, pedicure for my run-addled feet, and plenty of free nights at the sauna at my gym). :D
    Sounds like a very good idea...even if your just losing water weight...I guess it couldn't help...but I just don't want to waste my hard earned $$$
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    A friend of mine works at this spa, here is a clip of explaining what happens? Never had one, The thought of being tightly wrapped in sticky film,scares me;-) However, I have heard people say they indeed lost inches..It comes back, nothing takes it away except watching cals and ex. But if you have a wedding or hot date and want inches down.. Go 4 it:-)

Good day 2 you!

edit-oops forgot link.....

Thanks for the info...I think it also helps with ridding the body of toxins...benefits the skin...I love my skin to glow!!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Your body does a fine job of removing toxins by itself. Only thing getting wrapped is your pocket book so it can be squeezed of money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options

Good day 2 you!

edit-oops forgot link

Thanks for the info...I think it also helps with ridding the body of toxins...benefits the skin...I love my skin to glow!!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    Options
    It's a scam. Your body does a fine job of removing toxins by itself. Only thing getting wrapped is your pocket book so it can be squeezed of money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

****So you don't think it's worth the money!! Ok...thanks for your opinion also!!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Definitely not worth the money. If you absolutely want to try it, it's best to do maybe a couple hours before a date or an event for very temporary skin tightening.. All it does is remove some excess water from your skin. Same effect as sitting in a sauna to "lose weight." It only lasts a couple of hours.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you go into it with the mindset that it's a superficial spa treatment with (VERY) temporary results, then it's your money to spend as you see fit. I've never had one nor would I, but I'm pretty frugal. I'd rather have a massage or a facial or a pedicure to be honest. I think their claims of "removing toxins" are completely bogus--they just claim that, but give you ZERO evidence or science to back it up. It DEFINITELY does NOT help with long term weight loss, inch loss, or getting fit. Just know what you're paying for and then do what you want. :flowerforyou:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish the same thing by spending some time in a sauna. And it's cheaper.