Am I losing too fast?

Options
I had a starting weight of 245, but in the last three weeks have decreased my weight by almost 14 pounds. It is very excitng for me, but between last Friday and this one I actually dropped 7 pounds. Would you consider that too much weight loss in one week or should I attribute this to water weight?

If this is too much too fast, how would I contine to lose but at a more steady pace? My daily calorie allotment is 1330. Some days I make it, others I don't. I work out with a trainer two times a week and on those days I usually burn and extra 600-650 calories. Should I be eating back some of those?

I joined here because everyone seems to be willing to provide useful advice and support to others. My hope is someone will give me some direction in this area.

Thanks for your time and advice.

Replies

• sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you've drastically changed your diet then that early loss is probably water weight. I wouldn't worry about it. It should settle down after a couple of weeks. I personally don't eat my exercise calories back. On training days I do eat a couple hundred more but it also depends on how hungry I am. MFP vastly overestimates calories burned through exercise so eating them all back won't help. Just find what works for you. Try a few things out and see which is best.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Give it 6 weeks and do the math. If you're averaging over 3 lbs a week you should consider ramping up your calories. An average of 1 - 2 lbs a week is a reasonable target rate for weight loss.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I had that happen a few weeks ago and it was kind of unnerving.

You are at the beginning of weight loss and also have quite a bit to lose, so a lot of it is probably water. It may also be that your body is reacting to changes in your diet in a positive way by self-regulating better.

At this point I would be grateful for it.

Congratulations - that's a great start!