Anyone else spending WAY too much time on this site?

Options
I am an all or nothing sort of person - I am either watching what I eat and exercising or......I'm not! LOL!

And now that I have found this site and everyone is very supportive and encouraging, I find myself wanting to read everything, explore the site, post, encourage people, log my food and exercise and then, before I realize it....a couple hours have passed! YIKES!

I love checking my mail for msgs and requests and do it many times a day....I have a life, I swear-LOL! I am a graphics designer working from home so I am at my computer most of the day....I think I am going to do what another member posted....he won't allow himself to be on this site longer than the minutes he exercises for....GREAT motivation!

I have only been on here for a week and a half....Does the novelty wear off? How much time do you spend on MFP a day? What draws you to this site?

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with my decreased motivation at work I find myself on this website every day, and for way too long each day. Oh well, they haven't fired me yet.
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Hahaa I'm totally doing the same thing..I keep clicking off the page then to find a topic that interests me so I read it and then before I know it I've spent ages going through all the pages in the thread!! ;D I love the motivation and support from everyone here- and I especially love logging exercise now, as I know my friends will comment and spur me on, and that makes me feel really good! :D I don't think there's that much shame in what we're doing (;
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've been on for about 3 months, and the novelty has not worn off for me yet :). This is good, because I get bored easily! I also work from home, plus have the iphone app, which makes it maybe too easy to post comments on friends updates, etc. I love it though, and am having some success, so I hope that the novelty doesn't wear off for a long time! LOL!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

what?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

Right? I mean seriously people, get it together.

*refresh page, check profile, My Home, message board, refresh, inbox, profile, refresh*
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    I just joined this week and find having it up in the background is handy. I can peruse through the message boards, post on a friend's comment and before I know it, its time to log my next meal info. I'm finding it quite fun considering before I thought calorie counting was tedious and a pain in the *kitten*. Thank goodness for sites like this that do all the work for ya!
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I plead No Contest.:tongue:
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

Right? I mean seriously people, get it together.

*refresh page, check profile, My Home, message board, refresh, inbox, profile, refresh*

Hey! That's my Mantra! LOL!
  • losin_it049
    Options
    I just discovered this site not too long ago and I love it!! I love reading all the success stories and seeing how everybody is doing. It gives me so much motivation and inspiration! I am on here all the time! :)
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS SITE IM ON IT ALOT MY SELF BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO WORK SO I TRY NOT TO SPEND TOO MUCH TIME =) IF ANY ONE WANTS TO ADD ME I LOVE TO BE ENCOURAGING AND I WORK HARD TOO IM NOT A SLACKER!!! HAHAHA
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It's my crack.....
    I will only check back on this thread 6x BECAUSE I'm not addicted!
    I am in control!:noway:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    As long as its getting the job done then I don't see a problem :flowerforyou:

I was obsessed about being on here to lose most of my weight and have been maintaining since.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It's my crack.....
    I will only check back on this thread 6x BECAUSE I'm not addicted!
    I am in control!:noway:
    ^^What he said.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hahaa I'm totally doing the same thing..I keep clicking off the page then to find a topic that interests me so I read it and then before I know it I've spent ages going through all the pages in the thread!! ;D I love the motivation and support from everyone here- and I especially love logging exercise now, as I know my friends will comment and spur me on, and that makes me feel really good! :D I don't think there's that much shame in what we're doing (;

Wow same for me!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I spend more time here than facebook lately. Which is ok. My fb friends kind of suck lately.
  • LNZimmer
    LNZimmer Posts: 94
    Options
    meh.

I'm hardly ever here...

what?

Haha says the person with 2196 posts. :) Thats awesome!

I too spend a lot of time on here, but I hate that on my phone I can't get into the message boards! Well, from the app I mean.
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Not me! And I would never be on here during work. (Looks around to see if boss is watching)
  • GIAngel222
    GIAngel222 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    YES!!! all the time!!! my boyfriend HATES it!!!! I love MFP and im not giving it up for anyone!!! :smile:
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    Yeah, with my decreased motivation at work I find myself on this website every day, and for way too long each day. Oh well, they haven't fired me yet.

^^^^ This! I get on here wayyyyyyy to much!