Hello from Va!

Options
Hey there! I'm Chas from Virginia! 28 years old and tired of being overweight!

I have always been an outgoing, funny, fun loving person. I enjoyed going out, didn't care about other people's opinions about me and was so happy about who I was. Then I met my significant other in 2007 and got a little too comfortable. Then he and I got married in 2010, and I got a little more comfortable. Amazingly I quit smoking cold turkey in June 2011 and gained 30lbs in the past year on top of all the gained weight from being too comfortable. I've lost that fun loving girl. I hate going out. I'm constantly putting way too much thought into what others see when they see me, what they could be saying. It's disturbing on so many levels and it's only continued to deplete my self confidence. Recently my mom lost 46lbs and it really struck a cord with me. I could see the confidence she began to exude and how amazing she felt about her self and it made me so happy for her. It also made me realize that I wanted that exact same thing. She has inspired me to get up, quit feeling sorry for myself, and do something about it! So, I just started this new journey Monday 08-13-12. Here's to the new me!

If there's anyone out there that wants to be MFP friends please feel free to send me a request! I am full of Moral Support! :)