Met my first goal: I made it to onederland!

Options
Hi MFPers!

I am still a newbie here, but I'm really finding that this works for me! I am a 25 year old grad student, and I finally weighed in under 200 lbs for the first time since high school! My starting weight (about a year ago, before starting here) was 235. In July I was 211. Today I'm 199. :) It probably isn't a big deal to most people, but it is a huge accomplishment for me to be on this side of 200 -- and I'm never going back!

I'm aiming to get down to about 150-155 to start out. My next short term goal is 185. I would love to make more friends on here with similar goals!

I hope you're all having a successful and happy day -- if I can do it, so can you.

Replies

• cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's a huge deal! Hitting onderland is a massive massive deal for a hell of a lot of people on here so congratulations! When I hit 199 a few months ago I said exactly the same: Never going back.

Very very well done again :smile:

Caroline.
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a big deal and I'm so happy for you! I love :happy: :flowerforyou: MFP it's a great tool and a great community of people.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi! We have similar goals... I started out at 247 and want to be at 199. That is my first goal. I can't tell you how many times I have started and quit..... I wanted to be 199 by my birthday but I quit and now I am starting again. Right now I am at 221.5 so I have 22 pounds to go.

Congrats on such an acomplishment I understand how important it is to finally break the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY
  • mckramer1999
    mckramer1999 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!! I am hoping to join you in onederland very soon. Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    very big deal for many of us. Congrats!!! I am hoping to join you quite soon.
  • SwtMelissa86
    Options
    Onederland is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    great job! can't wait until I hit that -200 goal too; currently at 207 and losing about 2lbs a week :) great accomplishment!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It IS a BIG DEAL! It was to me when I hit onderland! Congrats on all your hard work and keep it up! I love MFP!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Of course it's a big deal! You're doing awesome, keep it up!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Thank you for posting and for the inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!! I am hoping to join you in onederland very soon.

What is this "Onederland" of which you all speak? It sounds very Peter Pan like. I don't think I want to go there.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    LOL! It's when you weigh 199 or less!

"What is this "Onederland" of which you all speak? It sounds very Peter Pan like. I don't think I want to go there."
    [/quote]
  • Thanks everyone! I'm so excited!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Onederland is a HUGE deal!!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Lynn625
    Lynn625 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for "onederland". I am 230 right now and when I see 199 on my scale i will be on cloud nine!!
  • TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! It's quite a momentous milestone! Enjoy it and keep going!
  • I can't wait for "onederland". I am 230 right now and when I see 199 on my scale i will be on cloud nine!!

I've been there, and now look where I am! Slow and steady wins the race. You can do it!
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! Congratulations. I started at 222 and I'm down 8, currently at 214. Can't wait to join you in the Under100 Club! Great work!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    it's a big deal! it's a big deal! ITS A BIG DEAL!!!!
    this onederland place must be like the other side of the rainbow:)
    I'm working on being there one day
    Congratulation and keep on keepin on
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done you!! :D And good luck with your next goal, you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!