Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thoughts about Joining a Gym.

There is a New gym that opened close to where I live.
Planet Fitness, I looked around, it looks nice.
I have been bullied by gym memberships in the past and I am very causcious about them.
So ideas and opinions?
Do I need a gym?
It's 10.00 a month (no contract) they say..

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    If you're looking for a treadmill farm with a few weight machines, there you go.

if you ever want to do serious lifting, you'll need to change gyms eventually.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    I used to belong to Planet Fitness...and if you like to go in, maybe work some on the treadmill or elliptical, some light machine work, light lifting its a good place. I find that I felt very comfortable there and they are very serious about a non-judgmental place to work out. The one I went to was clean and neat, the dressing rooms were more than adequate for my needs. I even liked the fact that I could get unlimited tanning there (but I paid more than the basic 10/month). The only reason I changed gyms was because I wanted something with classes and a pool. I used Planet Fitness for a long time before my needs sort of outgrew what they offered to me. I say go for it if you are really interested in starting a gym experience. There is nothing worse than paying a lot for a gym then realizing that you dont really like to go and you are stuck. You can always "upgrade" later if you choose to do so!