I work with a "birther" hahah

Options
2»

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I'm the youngest person in nursing admisistration which means that all my bosses seem to think I am either their barbie or their kid. They are constantly giving me unrequested advice on my clothes and stlye. It freaks them out that I hang out with the regular staff in the building and they are constantly threatening to take me shopping. BTW they are all in their late 50's upper 60's
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'd shank her.

If only this were a viable option.
    Well, it could be worse, she could be complianing about the fact they say that... that's what I was expecting to read lol

So very true. But now you have me wondering if she's mocking them or just trying to be a cool kid. Luckily she's in DC office so I only hear her do it once a week.

ETA:

Actually, she writes it in e-mails too.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There is also the woman who got angry at me for telling her "bless you" after sneezing. She says it's "against her religion" she opens doors with paper towels.

And of course, my friend. The pot smoker who talks about that, and needing to get some on work IM.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The only co-workers who I have issues with are the mean ones. I'll give you one example, since she is kind of funny. She is 40, single, and is basically an animal hoarder. She has a paw print tattoo on her neck, along with some other really terrible tattoos. I wouldn't base my opinion of her on these details alone, but she happens to be the loudest, most obnoxious person that I have ever met. She is on my project team, so I get to hear her talk at the top of her lungs in little conference rooms, when I am two feet away. Before we moved to a new building and I moved as far away from her cubicle as possible, I used to listen to her large range of conversation topics; everything from her grandmother's uterus (seriously) to her cat named Precious. She is a whiner, a complainer, and a crier. Being an animal lover, she claims that eating meat freaks her out and she doesn't really like to eat it, yet I see her wolf down every meat available at luncheons (except for man-meat, for obvious reasons). She talks *kitten* about everyone behind their backs (including my boss, who is a really nice guy) and takes credit for other people's hard work. She is just a big, lazy waste of space in this department and I hope that she quits or gets fired. Phew. That felt good to get off my chest.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Two office doors down there's the property lawyer that by day looks like he stepped straight of GQ and by night, the lead for a Linkin Park cover. Then there's the Theft Claims Adjuster I've appropriately nicknamed "Abercrombie" (and my gawd can he ever work the Fitch's) posted in the office right across from me. Needless to say, I'm pretty distracted most of the day. Not that you can't already tell.

I LOVE my job!

OH! The funny! My co-worker who's extra loud and chipper in the a.m. This is fine but she has a voice like Kitty Forman from That 70s Show. Talk about nails on a chalkboard!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I work with TWO birthers. *eyeroll*

One of those will read off headlines from Yahoo but then argue with you on the details of the article even though she only reads the headlines. Fun stuff.

It could be worse...the one man I work with reads Fox News *kitten* to all of us all day...I'm seriously considering stabbing my eardrums with a pencil.

yikes! That would be worse! (these ladies are definitely Fox News watchers but they know better than to talk to me about that nonsense now) :angry:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    There is also the woman who got angry at me for telling her "bless you" after sneezing. She says it's "against her religion" she opens doors with paper towels.

And of course, my friend. The pot smoker who talks about that, and needing to get some on work IM.

I open the bathroom door with a paper towel (on my way out). :embarassed: After seeing how many people leave without washing their hands...I don't want to touch that door handle. :sick:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the Precious. Oh, yeah man. I saw that.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the Precious. Oh, yeah man. I saw that.

:explode:
  • futurestarz
    Options
    A lady I work with looks exactly like Ursula from "The Little Mermaid" it's uncanny. She's just as evil too :mad: haha
  • tashjs21
    Options
    My precious!

My-Precious.jpg

I meant to quote Brett in that. :grumble:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You know, even if Obama HAD been born in Kenya, he would still have been a natural-born citizen because his mother was. Just like John McCain was born to American parents who were in Panama at the time.
  • Lulu4597
    Lulu4597 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hahhaha too funny ^^^^ all of your guyses comments have been making me laugh! bahaha jimmy neutron, pinky and the brain and Morning Precious LOL sorry but it made me laugh which is good haha
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    A "gal" in my group is completely androgynous. She looks like a guy sort of, kind of like Pat from SNL, with a bad 70's feather job, frumpy clothes and out-dated glasses. I thought she was a lesbian. However, I met her "husband" at a work function. He looks androgynous too! They are a matched set. There's a lid for every pot. She's nice though, so to each his/her own.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    You know, even if Obama HAD been born in Kenya, he would still have been a natural-born citizen because his mother was. Just like John McCain was born to American parents who were in Panama at the time.

Whoa whoa whoa, who are you trying to talk this logic to? He is a Kenyan Muslim, Fox news says so. :flowerforyou:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    The janitor smells very strongly of B.O. and cigarette smoke. He's never been married, never had a driver's license, and to hear him tell it his life has been so full of adventure it should be a movie of the week...except none of his stories are remotely plausible. He thinks he's the consummate ladies' man and talks non-stop about all of his "ladies" that take care of him. Most of the women on the floor have learned avoidance techniques when he comes around. I seem to always get stuck in conversation with him. *sigh*
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    My boss put round up on his yard...... And then couldn't understand why it died.

Yep, he provides at least one act of entertainment per day. Mostly the stupidity of his actions.