Philly girl living in NC, needs to lose weight for daughters

bjylee
bjylee Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
This web message board stuff is new to me. Weight loss, unfortunately is not. I need to be focused now because my daughter is getting married next fall, and to quote her "I want you to look good in your dress". Subtle message! She takes after me, says what she sees! I plan to take it slow, I need to lose fifty pounds and could use all the encouragement out there. Thanks for being along for the ride. It will be a long road trip!

Replies

• vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Wishing you the best success.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Congratulations to your daughter, and congratulations to you for taking the first step in your journey. We're all rooting for you! (Us Philly girls gotta stick together.)
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    If it is a year then your goal is to lose one pound a week for the year - 52 weeks = 52 lbs.

That is a great target! You can do it!:drinker:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    My suggestion is to find a group to join on the message boards. Most groups set small mini-goals and are a great place to give/receive encouragement when needed. Some will make you weigh in (mostly on a weekly basis I think) to help keep you accountable (and again, to give you motivation to work hard). A lot of groups give challenges every week such as an exercise goal or "drink all your water" goals. Of course this all depends on what group you find that suits you. There are all kinds of groups so look around and don't be afraid to ask questions!

and GOOD LUCK!!
This discussion has been closed.