Hi Everybody!

Options
My name is Sandra and I'm starting on my umpteenth weight loss journey. I've always had a weight problem - cute on a little baby, not so much on a 45 y.o. woman. Several times during my life I've lost large amount of weight (the most recent about 10 years ago was 75 pounds) but always gained it back. So here I am at my NEW, all-time HEAVIEST and my immediate goal is to lose enough so the winter coats won't be so unbearably tight.

I wanted to ask a question - I've been on here for about 5 days now and I've counted everything. Why does Weight Watcheers allow fruits and veggies to be "free"? (It kinda bugged me to log in my 62 calorie large nectarine LOL) Also, I'm getting a little hung-up on numbers and don't want to make myself batty obsessing about how many calories do I have left? What if I can't get to exercise tonight - what will I have to cut back on? Etc. I odn't want to take all the joy out of life. Talk to me people! :)

Replies

• abbygrace84
    abbygrace84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I placehold to plan out my day, i have 1400 cals a day and i put in my breakfast in the morning then put a place holder of 400 for lunch, 500 for dinner then my usual snacks and see what i have left. That way if someone gives me a choc biscuit at work for example i know roughly if i can treat myself or not.
    If i have 200 cals left and a friend asks to go out for a drink after work i know that i either have just one OR i make her walk to the other side of town with me and i earn a touch more...
    I dont count my fruit i decided lifes to short :)
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello Tiaramisu

I would count fruit as it can be quite high in calories which is why I did not get on with WW. If you do not want to track everything then perhaps leave out the non starch vegetables, e.g. salads, greens, carrots. You could also have one day a week where you do not track anything which I find works quite well. I usually pick a day at the weekend when we are seeing friends so that I can relax and enjoy myself without going too mad.