Anyone else dreading Nov. 25th?

Options
So, it's no secret that I'm not looking forward to the switch to the new design on Wednesday. I enjoy the food log as it is, and I'm wondering if the change to a design I don't particularly enjoy using will lessen my motivation to use MFP and log my food regularly. Anyone else concerned at all?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    What are the changes going to b? I suppose it depends, I am used to how it is, and how easy it is, this is why I use it so much, if that changes then it might lessen my use of the tools..... hopefully it will change for the better:flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Not concerned at all Brenda. I switched to the new version when it rolled out and never went back.

Your motivation should come from your desire to be a healthier Brenda... Is a carpenter less willing to work if he has a black hammer instead of a silver one? A race car driver less motivated to win in a green car than an orange one? Look at MFP as a tool you're using to reach your goals which are independent of MFP in the first place... You didn't come here THEN decide to lose weight, it happened the other way around.

You will do great, don't worry... On November 26th, you will be just as great as you are on November 24th... just 2 days wiser. :drinker:
  • jhall1980
    Options
    Why are they changing it? I like it the way it is. It has been the best motivation in my weight loss process. I hope it doesn't change too much :frown:
  • jowily
    jowily Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Faerie - look up top there is a yellow bar that talks about testing out the new design. I like it fine and won't have any problems - certainly not dread. Hope others will be fine...i am more concerned about the 26th - and how I will record all that food I usually don't eat!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Nah - it's fine just takes getting use to
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Look at the top of the screen and you'll be able to switch to the new format to try it out.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Not concerned at all Brenda. I switched to the new version when it rolled out and never went back.

Your motivation should come from your desire to be a healthier Brenda... Is a carpenter less willing to work if he has a black hammer instead of a silver one? A race car driver less motivated to win in a green car than an orange one? Look at MFP as a tool you're using to reach your goals which are independent of MFP in the first place... You didn't come here THEN decide to lose weight, it happened the other way around.

You will do great, don't worry... On November 26th, you will be just as great as you are on November 24th... just 2 days wiser. :drinker:

Yeah, what he said. Plus, all of your friends are still here :bigsmile:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't get what the changes are all about. I'm trying out the new design now. It's slightly different, but not much. Why are they bothering to change it at all, since it's not that much different? Or maybe I'm missing someting . . .
  • freedomdancer
    Options
    I just checked out the new design. I really don't see any difference except that the visual will be different - updated, if you like...the way of tracking everything is pretty much the same; i dont have any problem with the new and improved version.

nancy :)
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    There really isnt much difference in the new design. I have been using it for the past week and I actually like it better.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Faerie - look up top there is a yellow bar that talks about testing out the new design. I like it fine and won't have any problems - certainly not dread. Hope others will be fine...i am more concerned about the 26th - and how I will record all that food I usually don't eat!

Well, here is my AhHa moment for the day, :tongue: have noticed that in my subconscious but not apid enough attention to click on it. Thanks!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I too switched to the new version when it rolled out. I don't really see much difference myself. And actually like the little nuances better. You'll be fine! :smokin:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I was scared to even try it out until today, haha kinda funny i know. But it's really not too bad. It's jsut like anything in life you have to adapt to - new versions of windows, msn messenger (boy has that evolved), explorer, etc.

You'll be fine. Besides you have to want to lose weight and not use this as an excuse!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Seems like all social sites are following Facebooks lead - they all look and operate so simliar to facebook now.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Nope, no dread here.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i like the new version, plus its a free sight so we should be happy no matter how it looks!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    So, it's no secret that I'm not looking forward to the switch to the new design on Wednesday. I enjoy the food log as it is, and I'm wondering if the change to a design I don't particularly enjoy using will lessen my motivation to use MFP and log my food regularly. Anyone else concerned at all?

Brenda, I had seen the thing at the top about the site changing, but never even looked at it till you wrote this! I HATE change, but, I just switched onto the new design, and it really doesn't seem much different at all! I was alittle worried when I didn't see the emotions, but, it's where it says "add smiley", they all show right up. So don't worry, cuz I think it's pretty much the same great MFP that we're used to! :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    November 25th is my 25th birthday, so nope... I'm not dreading it! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    BrendaLee : How are you coping with it? haha - not too bad I hope!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    BrendaLee : How are you coping with it? haha - not too bad I hope!

I'm dealing...somehow. lol Dread has turned to...ah well, better learn to deal with this thing. :tongue: