Tingling and ketosis?

Options
2»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Tingling does not mean fat is burning. That's one of the craziest things I have read on mfp
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Jumping in this zombie thread because it's time to get real. The tingling sensation is not fat burning. It's more likely a symptom of hyperglycemia, dehydration, poor circulation or micronutrient deficiency.

Anyone experiencing this should go to a doctor.
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lol at the fat burning.
    I get it too.
    It's electrolyte issues I believe.
    I drink pickle juice and it helps me.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Eat more salt. Drink more water, especially if you're peeing a lot, as ketosis can make you do. If that doesn't take care of it, see your doctor. Just because you've gone low carb recently doesn't mean it's the cause of your tingling.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Well it's been almost five years so I hope the OP figured it out by now.
  • Josue_da_great
    Josue_da_great Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try chicken Broth it fixes everything!!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,796 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    czeckvar wrote: »
    It's not "the fat sizzling away" as some **kittened** KITTEN claimed on here. **KITTENS** people if you have an electrolyte in balance long enough you can create a heart arrhythmia. Do yourselves a favor and get medical and dietary advice from doctors and nutritionists

There, I fixed it for you!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Tingling can be harmless to serious. I get it when my potassium is low. My body just has potassium issues, so I take prescription supplements. It's worth talking to your doctor.
  • imjinc2k
    imjinc2k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Deep _tingling_ is probably electrolyte deficiency, especially if it's everywhere. However, I also had a sensation between tingling and unscratchable itching just on the skin around my belly (not deep), while obese and losing very fast last time around. That's the only spot I ended up with loose skin, and I'd already sorted out electrolytes at that point due to cramping early on, so I don't believe it was K-deficiency or "burning fat" in my case, so much as skin cells trying like hell to keep it together. I doubt this would happen after only 2 days from a cold start, but I can imagine a more evenly-distributed obese person experiencing this across most of their body at some point. Sure makes it hard to sleep, at any rate.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Madamava wrote: »
    Hi there, the tingling sensation is a good sign - it means you are buring fat :-) Ignore all of the negative comments.

ps you may notice the tingling more in areas where you have fat to shift, this is because what you are feeling is literally the fat burning off your body!

Good luck

LOL. I've lost plenty of fat and never once had a tingling sensation under my skin. Telling people to ignore odd occurences like this is not sound advice!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread..
  • tjboyer91
    tjboyer91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Finally I find someone else feels this. I have tried to explain to my husband I feel like I have icy/hot rubbed on me. It’s like a cold and burning feeling (maybe tingling) and it is different areas where I store fat.