Diet pills..

Options
knickels1987
knickels1987 Posts: 212 Member
Okay for starters I know a lot of you are totally against using diet pills.. But this is my question, my friend and I were discussing her recent weight loss journey. She started the Atkins diet and lost over 40 lbs and at the end it was hard for her to get the last 20 lbs off so she said she started taking Lipo Black 6 for women and said the last 20 lbs basically just fell off..

She said I should try it, since I have like 22 ish lbs to go until I reach my goal weight.

I have read up a little bit on this Diet pill and there are reviews stating all kinds of reactions and things like that. Which in my case, I am leery and concerned that it will in fact make my heart rate increase to where I feel like I am having a heart attack. Again, I have not tried this, I am just curious if any one else has tried it and if you had success or if you had any reactions to the pill..

I am not saying that I am going to start taking it, I am just saying that it could be a possibility that I may try it.

I am not looking for any bashing, therefore if you have any negative comments please keep them to your self. :) Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Here's what you do:

Send me the money for the diet pills. I'll do the same thing for you as the diet pills will: NOTHING.

Diet. Exercise. Period. If diet pills worked, we'd all be thin and healthy.
  • beachbabe_88
    Options
    the increase in heart rate is down to the amount of caffiene, i took sculptress diet pills and they made by heart race, but ive taken them again recently and they didnt, i think it depends on circumstances.

However they did make my bowel movements quite loose both times- sorry to be gross!!
  • tabooski
    tabooski Posts: 89
    Options
    people here are going to be honest with you, diet pills should only be a last resort. I would suggest talking to a health professional before using them. for all you know you could take the pills, lose the weight than gain it back when you quit taking the pills. please just be careful.
  • Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    I took some for a while - some will give you some ****ed up reactions though so be really careful. I took that Zantrax or whatever and got wicked depressed and wanted to jump jump of a cliff - so there's that hahaha. I'm taking some energy/fat burn one now before the gym just to keep me awake enough to work out after work and i love it, feels like i could run for miles hahaha. whatever works for you but there are always side effects
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...you should probably try the HCG diet, combined with raspberry ketones instead.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has them and they are all just so special.

If you try it, and it works for you, great. I advocate 'Forged Burner'. If does not screw me up(no jitters and over stimulation). It keeps hunger at bay. That is the key. If I am hungry all of the time, it is pretty damn hard to stay on point with the diet.

When I am living low carb hunger isn't an issue, but if I need a change of pace and carbs are part of the picture, hunger becomes a problem.

Thats my worthless 2 cents, my opinion, my a-hole. And it was just so special!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've taken diet pills off and on over the years...my doctor recently put me on prescription diet pills ( I can't spell the drug and I don't have the bottle right now). I'm on them for only 30 days. He said this is to "jump start" me and he will reevaluate me when I go in for my follow-up. I'm an emotional eater and put on 40 pounds in the last five years. I'm ready to change my life and I'm motivated to get healthy and stay healthy. With all this said, if you want to try diet pills, try them, if you have side effects, quit taking them. Good luck...I hope you lose those final pounds
  • rachf2013
    Options
    You're friend probably experienced her weight loss due to the placebo effect as many people who take diet pills do. The problem is, since you're already skeptical, most likely no diet pill will work for you.