am i broken?

Options
IS there anyone else out there who CAN"T lose weight on 1200 cals or more? I really have tried. Many times. Even when I do all the "right things" (exercise, eat 80% clean etc...) I just can't. I even tried doing a metabolism reset and , in 5 weeks gained 11 lbs!!!!

Then, when I cut to above my BMR but blewo TDEE I STill gained. (2 more lbs ;(

Is it possible that some of us have to eat vlc? Am i alone in this? (BTW, I do exercise. A lot. I do p90x 4-5 days a week)

thanks.

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Have you been to see a doctor? Gaining on 1200 calories is not normal for most people. You may want to rule out medical conditions, and once cleared, it may be beneficial to talk to a nutrition counselor. Something isn't adding up.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Have you been to see a doctor? Gaining on 1200 calories is not normal for most people. You may want to rule out medical conditions, and once cleared, it may be beneficial to talk to a nutrition counselor. Something isn't adding up.

I have had a physical recently and everything was good. I regulary have my thyroid checked b/c my mom has severe hypothyroidism. THanks for your response.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I agree you might want to talk to your doctor. Underactive thyroid is the first thing that comes to mind, that makes it very difficult to lose weight.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    We cross posted, just saw your response. Sorry, I don't know what might be going on. It sounds like your TDEE calculation might not be accurate for you.