one more new person

ChristineL
ChristineL Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all. I have been lurking for the last 3 days and decided to post. 3 years ago I lost a hundred pounds on my own with diet and exercise. It took a LONG time, but I did it. Then I treated myself with a tummy tuck and a belly ring. Fast forward to the last year and I have gained 35 pounds. How did that happen? I had my yearly physical and the doctor noted I had gained 25 pounds in the year. Well, while I was being frustrated and trying to decide what to do about it, I gained another 10 pounds. I have half heartedly tried to lose some on my own without much success, so I started a physician assisted weight loss program. One of the MD's recommendations was this site, so here I am:heart: On a personal note, I am a single mom with 2 kids, I am a nurse, and volunteer in dog rescue. Nice to meet ya'll.

Replies

• LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Wow, what a story! Congratulations on losing the 100 pounds!!!!!! Amazing!!!!

You must be soooo busy, with your job, your kids, and your rescue dogs! But I know you can do it - you can lose those pounds again! You proved you can lose weight before!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to help you lose weight!! I know it's hard to face it when you regain lost weight (I've been there, lost 30 and gained 60..) But, I've learned a lot from that, as I'm sure you have too. You just have to do what you're doing and get back on the horse! This time you know what not to do, and you know if you've already lost it, you can lose it again. Good luck to you!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Oh I also meant to tell you congrats on losing 100 pounds in the first place... that's awesome!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    welcome you can do it!!!
  • wow, you had lost 100 lbs! thats amazing ... i am sure you can loose those added pounds again :) welcome to MFP, this site has everything you will need :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.