Soda is now yuck!

Options
I used to be an avid soda drinker. Had to have at least one a day. A few weeks ago, after suffering from a headache that would NOT go away (and having it not be the first time it's happened), I finally decided to make some changes and see if it would help. One of those changes was to stop drinking soda. Cold turkey. Wouldn't you know, within a few days, I stopped getting headaches. Well, let me rephrase...I still get a slight headache every now and again, but they are nowhere NEAR as intense as they were. I've tried to have a soda a few times since stopping cold turkey, but they taste NASTY now and make my stomach hurt. I'm amazed. Even only after a WEEK of no soda, it made me sick to have one. Lesson learned: NO MORE SODA! Water only for this girl here!

Replies

• Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    Awesome - bet it feels great to get all those sugars etc out of your body :) I used to drink a ton too but now i just drink water and the occasional tea. tastes good man
  • RadiantxReality
    RadiantxReality Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Definitely!! My next step is to cut back on the junk food. I'm doing alright, but I still really like my chips/cookies. While I used to eat half a bag of chips/10 cookies in a sitting, I've definitely cut it back to 1 serving of chips and 1 serving of cookies. Trying very hard to replace it with fruit and veggies!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    same!.. kind of!

well no headache for me. .. But every now and again (a few times a week) .. I would drink whiskey and diet pepsi in the evening.

Since I started to eat more 'Clean' .. and had no soda.. when I have tried it.. it tasted AWFUL! .. haha.. so fake and yucky!

I'm kind of glad about it.

Now I'll stick to wine.. :laugh:
  • RadiantxReality
    Options
    I love me some whiskey and diet pop!! Good thing I don't drink it that often. My booze of choice is beer lately. Which is bad. Ha. Bud light for me! I only drink once a week though, so it's not TOO terrible I guess.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yeah I cant drink that crap anymore I get sugar lazer face
  • RadiantxReality
    Options
    Sugar lazer face? What's that?