What do you loose a week... up and downs?

Options
I've been watching what I eat again for the past 2 months. I lost 11lbs last year and then for someone reason stopped, but I'm back in motion again. In 2 months I've lost 7lbs and I'm about 8-10 lbs from my first goal of 145lbs, but my weight loss tends to go like this:
Week 1: 0lbs lost
Week 2: 1 lb lost
Week 3: 2 lbs lost
Week 4: Gained 1 lb
Week 5: 2 lbs lost
Week 6: 3lbs lost
Week 7: Gained 1
Week 8: Lost 1.

Is it supposed to go up and down so much!? Anyone else deal with this!?

Replies

• jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has been the same way. I lose two or three pounds one week and then gain 1, 2, or even more back. I have been keeping track since may 7 and have lost a total of 32 lbs. I have to tell myself not to focus on the scale and just trust that eating properly and exercise will pay off and so far it has. I am not going to lie, it is tough on those weeks that I gain to stay motivated but if I gain a lb I go to the gym an extra time and if I gain 2 lbs I go two extra times. stick with it and you will see results
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am 38 months into this journey and if you break it down I have avg. around 8 lbs. a month or 2 lbs. a week.... I think over that time I have only gained maybe 10-12 times and did have a few weeks of no gain/no loss......
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuates. ALOT. It does depend on sodium levels...as well as how much water intake you have..whether or not a bowel movement happened.

For instance..I am up .9 pounds from yesterday..reason....bowel movement..

I would take the scale with a grain of salt. Take measurements..and go by how your clothes feel. My scale also jumps if I have too much carbs. i was at 148 monday morning..but today..144
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have had a very strange weight loss pattern so far. I will lose on average 1 lb a week, maybe 2. But --often, I go two weeks without losing any weight at all. Then the next week I lose 5 lbs. I think it may have to do with water retention/monthly cycle. I often will lose, then gain a couple lbs back, then lose again. My weight loss is definitely not linear!
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing, it can be very disheartening , but I am getting used to it now. I will usually lose 2 to 3 pounds in week, stay the same for two to 3 weeks and then all of a sudden lose 2 to 3 pounds again. It just seems to be a cycle for me. I just keep working out and watching what I eat and going for my ultimate goal. I have lost 20 pounds since June 7, which over all I think is good, but the scales have really been up and down for me during this time, lol.
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've found my loss quite linear apart from week 5 where I had a salty diet. People have mentioned it's quite a quick rate of loss, but I've basically eaten a breakfast, lunch and dinner taking in between 1400-1800 cal and exercised every single day without fail to reduce it to a 1200 cal net.

Start - 168.4
    Week 1 - 164.9 (-3.5 lbs)
    Week 2 - 162 (-2.9 lbs)
    Week 3 - 159.6 (-2.4 lbs)
    Week 4 - 156.9 (-2.7 lbs)
    Week 5 - 155.4 (-1.5 lbs)
    Week 6 - 152.2 (-3.2 lbs)

My aim is to stop at 140, I've really enjoyed it so far and feel so much better than I have in the last 5 years.