Gym Childcare Centers

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My first job was in a bowling alley daycare. I was in HS. Me and another HS girl were the only workers - there were bunches of kids in all age groups. We had no training or anything - maybe since the parents are only in the next room and it's only a couple hours they don't think they need as high of standards? We basically just kept the bigger kids from trampling the little ones.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I LOVE the YMCA. They follow all the regulations and each of their staff are checked and there is someone who is CPR and first aid trained there at all times.

My peace is worth more than a lower cost at another gym.

My son loves it there and when he medical needs were pretty high, they didn't bat an eye lash at watching him, after all my "friends" had run for the hills.

I wanted to add that when he was with the smaller age group (2-5) the staff was always playing with the kids, blocks, coloring, kitchen stuff, crafts......anything. Now that he is in the older group (5-12) they still do the same thing. They play WII, air hockey, coloring, blocks, make paper air planes......all sorts of stuff.

He begs to stay longer and doesn't want to leave. In our area, you just can't beat the YMCA for great staff.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I LOVE the YMCA. They follow all the regulations and each of their staff are checked and there is someone who is CPR and first aid trained there at all times.

My peace is worth more than a lower cost at another gym.

My son loves it there and when he medical needs were pretty high, they didn't bat an eye lash at watching him, after all my "friends" had run for the hills.

I wanted to add that when he was with the smaller age group (2-5) the staff was always playing with the kids, blocks, coloring, kitchen stuff, crafts......anything. Now that he is in the older group (5-12) they still do the same thing. They play WII, air hockey, coloring, blocks, make paper air planes......all sorts of stuff.

He begs to stay longer and doesn't want to leave. In our area, you just can't beat the YMCA for great staff.

When I can afford a higher priced gym again, that's the one I really am looking at. Just because I think it's more family orientated.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't have children, but at my gym(X Sport Fitness) all staff are licensed and CPR/AED certified if they are working with people.

That includes day care staff, trainers and managers.

It is disturbing that they aren't licensed, but I think some places figure how hard is it to watch a bunch of kids.. esp. when we have this awesome play center.. the kids will just take care of themselves!