New to MFP...really need motivation

ebh1024
ebh1024 Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am struggling and want to lose weight. I just bought the wii fit and biggest loser. I really excited and have used it a couple of times. A friend of mine mentioned this site to me, so I thought I would check it out. I just need help! I like to see what people are doing to lose the weight. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Hi and welcome! This is a great site! It might seem difficult to log all your food, but commit to it, it really helps! Log all your activity too, even if it's cleaning house. I didn't think I was doing that much, until I realized every little bit counts!

You can do it!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Welcome to the site!! I love this site, it helps me continue on no matter what!! :smile: My advice would be to go to the topics and read this section, the ones with the push pins by them--these are what I am going to puruse this week to help my motivation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

If you want you can also join a group, they are great to motivate, give advice, etc. I am one of the beautiful blues--or you can just watch and find one in the motivation and support section.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Good luck I am still learning even after over 6 months. What works is logging and don't forget to hit the end of day tab to tell you how much you will lose or gain depending on your day. My downfall is eating at night so try tea, brush your teeth after dinner, drink water, and work out at least something each day. Good luck:wink:

202554.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    I just started MFP 10 days ago and I have lost 5.2lbs. This site really works! You can do it!!
  • ebh1024
    Thank you...I agree that every thing does count. Even the Hershey Kisses are 25 calories (a nutritionist told me that), so I plan to log everything. Do you put it on paper first then log?
  • ebh1024
    OMG that is awesome! When I see results like that it does get me motivated.
This discussion has been closed.