Am I losing weight too fast?

Options
I started my new lifestyle on the 7th June 2012 weighing in at 245lbs. I'm roughly 6ft and of a wide build. I eat 3 decent meals a day and snack on fruit/nuts. I work out 6 days a week and go cycling 3-4 times a week for a few hours. Since then I have lost 33lbs in the space of a few months, I'm kinda worried incase I'm losing weight too quickly. However, I've never felt faint or starved myself or been silly about foods, I've just eaten 3 good meals and the weight seems to be flying off? Is this normal? Thanks :)

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are doing pretty well! Personally, I think as long as you are eating right, and meeting your bodies requirements you are fine. if you are eating when you are hungry and not starving yourself then "what can ya do?" right!?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary, it's hard to say...but if you're eating "enough" and you still feel good with adequate energy and you're sleeping well, then it sounds like everything is going just fine.

If you're truly worried about it, then bump up your daily calories a little. My suggestions is to look at the nutrients you're getting from your usual food and find one or two that are low...then find a food that is high in whatever it is you're lower on. It's a great way to fill in some micronutrient deficiencies *and* find a new food. (In fact, this is decent advice for anyone, but substitute for a current food to keep calories unchanged.)
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    WISH I HAD THAT PROBLEM!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

Missy :)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP Aug 3rd and I have lost 13lbs in the 3 weeks and I normally on work out twice a week. So I think your doing awesome!
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. If my net calories are 1200, I lose one pound per day. I bumped up my net calorie intake requirements today in an effort to slow it down a little. Perhaps we just have high metabolism, or our bodies are reveling in the healthy new regime?
  • annabell48
    Options
    Having done a quick calculation, you are averaging lossing 3 pounds a week. That is a fantastic number. Remember, every person and their body is different so some people may lose more in that short time frame while others may lose less.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    That was me the first two months I joined too, it slows down.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I thnk its normal. some ppl lose weight pretty fast in the beginning... i've never been on of those ppl :mad: lol
    but like u said, u feel fine and not starved then you are good.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It is normal when you are heavy to begin with, and go from a sedentary lifestyle to an active one. You may experience a plateau soon, so be prepared to step it up when/if that happens! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    It can come off quickly when you first start out, It will level off eventually.
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. I found when I started out I lost quickly but the closer I get to my goal the harder it is. Sounds like your doing it right. Excercise is amazing that way. Plus when your heavier your body is usually more willing to let go of the fat if your doing it the right way.
  • eduardoschoen
    Options
    I have the same concern. I started 8/13/12 at 246 pounds and am down to 230 as of 8/29/12. I workout most every day of the week (varying intensity each day) and am on a program my nutritionist put me on. I eat every 2-3 hours which is about when I start to feel hungry. I am also taking an AM/PM vitamin, calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and fish oil supplements.

I think you are doing very well. Keep up the hard work and congratulations on your journey so far!