Eat what I want when I want?

Options
http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/gregsonevans/1jua55drnsntcer0

That was my ride for today, a little further than average but I ride at least 25 miles a day, does this mean that I can pretty much eat anything and still lose weight? I have been doing it for a few weeks and the weight is slowly coming off but I am concerned about eating 5000 extra calories back as everyone seems to say that it is important? p.s. I am type 2 diabetic controlled only by diet

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yeah basically.

If you want to improve in your sport you should choose healthier foods over Twinkies but yeah basically.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Um....yeah, I think it does mean that :-) How on earth do you find that kind of time in a day?
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Now that I think about it...how was that calorie burn measured? Make sure that is accurate. It seems high to me, even though that's a boatload of exercise. When I bike, I burn maybe 500 an hour, with a pretty comparable avg pace/speed. I use an HRM to measure my calorie burn.
  • gregsonevans
    gregsonevans Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Not had that much work on the last few weeks so I have put all my efforts into getting fitter (doctor's orders), when I am working I still try to get 15 or more miles done, I have cycled about 900 miles in the last month :)
  • gregsonevans
    Options
    The calories are all worked out by sports tracker by taking into account climbs etc but I never get close to eating them all back anyway, they are very similar to what mfp work them out at though
  • gregsonevans
    Options
    Plus I think I burn more calories than you as I am still over 17 stone :(
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Didn't mean to imply we burned the same, but double doesn't seem quite right to me. I use an app when I bike called Jog Log. It calculates calories and is frequently almost double what my HRM says. It then uploads the workout to my Runkeeper account, which does it's own calorie calculation. RunKeeper is much closer to my HRM, but still off.
  • gregsonevans
    Options
    When I use the exercise bike it says that I burn almost twice as much as my partner as she is nearly half my weight, looks like I need to invest in a HRM to be sure though